North's Career and Technical Education programs offer three types of Associates degrees, two of which will transfer directly to a bachelor’s degree programs.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree The AAS degree does not require that you take transfer level English and Math classes and is designed for students who are not going to transfer to a baccalaureate program. Students in an AAS program may often specialize in a specific skills set or trade.
- Associate of Applied Science – Transfer (AAS-T) degree. The AAS-T degree is designed for students who intent to transfer to specific baccalaureate programs including one of NSC’s Bachelor’s degrees: Accounting with International Accounting, Application Development, Early Childhood Education, International Business, and Property Management. The AAS-T is designed to transfer to Bachelor of Applied Science Degrees in Washington State, Evergreen University’s “upside down degree” or Western Governors University business degree. The degree requires transfer level English and Math classes.
College to Career
Undecided on what to study or career options? Browse program listings and career options with the Seattle Colleges' College to Career website.
Interested in enrolling but worried about funding? The Workforce Education Office can help if you are looking for career training and need financial assistance. Workforce Education may also assist you as a student enrolled in English as Second Language (ESL) classes or if you are completing your GED or high school diploma. Qualified students may receive funding for tuition and fees, and be eligible for help with textbooks, required supplies, a student ID card, a parking permit or ORCA transit pass. Take the Start Next Quarter survey to find out if you pre-qualify for funding.
AAS and AAS-T Degrees
Read about each transfer degree and its requirements:
- Allied Health
- Early Childhood Education
- Fire Science
- Information Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Real Estate
- Watch Technology
- Associate Controls Specialist Apprenticeship
- Ironworkers Local 86 Apprenticeship
- Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship