- Develop a work plan including building the project team, defining scope and deliverables, and anticipating risks.
- Guide project implementation and manage the schedule and the budget.
- Set up projects and assemble the right team based on project management principles.
- Develop strong communication skills.
- Acquire relevant technical skills, including proficiency with MS Project.
Many classes have prerequisites. Prerequisites are those classes that prove eligibility for entry-level classes by testing or by having satisfied prior course work. Course work earned at other institutions must be unofficially evaluated or approved by a program advisor before registering. Courses in this certificate with pre-requisites are marked with an asterisk (*). See catalog for more information. Project Management Prerequisites: None for program. Individual courses may have prerequisites. See notes below. Note: Advanced placement testing, work experience, and transfer of credits may result in course waivers, credit transfer, and advanced placement.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|course(BUS118)*||Project Management Introduction and Overview||5|
|course(BUS119)*||Leadership and Management Skills||3|
|course(BUS229)*||Project Management Tools, Techniques, and Control||5|
- Prerequisite: Must have completed BUS 169 or BUS 171 or demonstrate equivalent.
- Prerequisite: Must complete BUS 118: Must have completed BUS 236 or an approved equivalent.
- Must be taken after BUS 118: Many be taken concurrent with BUS 229.
- Prerequisite: Must be eligible for English 101 via English Placement Exam or completion of ENGL 097/098.
Total Credits -- Minimum
This program of study is outlined by quarter, and courses should be taken in the indicated sequence. However, it should not be concluded that students will always proceed through their program of study exactly as prescribed here. The number of quarters listed here is minimal. Not all courses are offered every quarter. Individual student experiences, educational and training background, and personal schedules and demands all may affect the time it takes to finish this program. Also, in general, summer quarter is not considered one of the full-time quarters in the program.
Most common sequence:Fall BUS118, BUS 236, Winter Bus 119, ENGL&230 Spring BUS 229, CWE 110
Alternate SequenceFall ENGL&230, BUS 236* Winter BUS 118, BUS 119 Spring BUS 229, CWE 110 Notes:
- BUS 118 offered Fall and Winter only.
- BUS 229 offered Spring only
- Engl230 offered Fall, Winter, and Spring: Online during Winter
- BUS 236 offered every quarter and is generally both on-campus and online. (* if BUS 236 is needed as a prerequisite to BUS 229).
What are some potential job titles?
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Operations Manger
Wages, employment trends and pathways
William (Bill) Holt (206) 934-4523
North Seattle College Advising: