Student Media Center
WELCOME TO SMC
NEWS! SMC studio is available! | Artwork Digitization | Feedback for SMC
SMC SERVICES UPDATES:
The Student Media Center (SMC) is available for ALL North students. The SMC provides resources and assistance for media production projects, both in-person and online, which include access to desktop computers, printing, scanning, workspaces, recoding & photo studio, media software, and materials/supplies. The SMC also offers media equipment that can be checked out for classes, college activities, and student clubs at no cost.
The SMC team provides hybrid assistance by email, chat, Zoom, phone, and in-person. The temporary SMC location is on the 3rd floor of the College Center, CC3360.
To learn more about SMC services, please refer to the following links.
Media production services include:
- Media equipment
- Printing & visual projects
- Basic recording
- Media software access/introduction
- Media literacy including basic design and copyright
- More on SMC services & resources
If you have questions or need help with registration, please visit the registration page.
The Student Media Center (SMC) is a media production service center at North Seattle College. The SMC provides all North students with access to media production resources, assistance, and instruction enabling them to incorporate audiovisual and print media into their course assignments, college activities, and student clubs. Enrolled North students can also borrow media equipment for their academic projects for free.
Furthermore, the SMC team collaborates with faculty/staff, to focus on how SMC resources can help students meet their needs, and to advance student success.
HOW TO CONTACT SMC
- Email NSCMediaCenter@seattlecolleges.edu
- Chat with SMC
- Call 206-934-0070 during SMC on-campus hours, and leave a message including your contact information
SMC SERVICE TEAM - SPRING 2023
(services and operation)
Hours: M-TH 11-3
(services and operation)
Hours: M&W 9:30-10:45 & 1-4, TU&TH 9:30-12:45
SMC Program Manager
(operation and management)
Hours: M-TH, 8-5, except breaks
STUDENT JOB AT SMC - CLOSED
Are you interested in joining the SMC team as a Student Media Center Navigator? If you are a North-enrolled student, you may apply for the position today!
SMC Navigator Job Description
How to apply
- Getting your MySeattleColleges login account ready
- Getting your resume and cover letter ready
- Download and fill out the SMC technology checklist form
- Fill out the SMC application online. You will need to upload your resume, cover letter, and your complete technology checklist through this online application. Please note MySeattleColleges login account is required.
Questions? You may contact:
- Kannika Styron (except quarter breaks)
- Daniel Tarker
SMC Home | Resources | Printing | Workspaces | Equipment | Software | Visual Literacy