Basic and Transitional Studies
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- ABE, GED®, Adult High School Completion (HS+)
- I-BEST: Job-Training combined with ESL or HS+
- College-Prep Math and English
Tuition: $25/quarter (scholarships available)
We will have ESL, ABE, GED, HS+ and I-BEST classes Summer 2021 quarter: Monday, June 28 – Thursday, August 19.
Classes will not be on campus. Classes will be online.
You can sign up today!
ESL: To take an online ESL class, first you must fill out the application form here.
If you took classes here before, please locate your student ID number (SID) if you can.
We will contact you very soon and help you register for classes.
ABE/GED/HS+ classes: To take an online ABE/GED/HS+ class, please contact our ABE Transitions Specialist, Shan Lackey, at (206) 934-4537 or email at Shan.Lackey@seattlecolleges.edu.
I-BEST (Job Training) classes: please contact Nyah Ferreira at (206) 934-6030 or email at Nyah.Ferreira@seattlecolleges.edu
For online classes you will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet with a camera, speakers and a microphone (or a headset).
- Computer Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- An email address that you can check every day.
We have laptops you can borrow. Please let us know if you need to borrow one.
Transitional Studies and Pre-College Programs:
We have 6 levels of ESL from very beginner to college-ready and offer all levels in the day and in the evenings, face-to-face and online.
- Improve your English language skills for your daily life and job.
- Explore and transition to a college degree.
- Train for a better career.
- Finish your High School Diploma with High School+
- Get College-Ready in English and Math for just $25/quarter
- Earn your GED® (& get free practice tests & test vouchers too!)
- Train for a career & get college-ready in reading, writing, math, or English language – at the same time with I-BEST.
- Currently we offer these I-BEST programs:
Brush up on and/or strengthen your math foundation before moving into your field of study. Enroll in NSC’s Pre-College Math.
Develop your reading and writing skills; advance to college-level composition. Enroll in NSC’s ABE/College-Prep English.