Schedule An Appointment and other Advising Services
A scheduled appointment can help you
- Review program requirements
- Select appropriate courses
- Design a customized education plan
- Discuss your academic progress standing (alert/probation/suspension)
- Connect with support services
You may schedule a 30 minute appointment online through the “Schedule Advising Appointment” button. You can also call us at 206-934-3658 and leave a voicemail, and our front desk will get back to you.
Email your advisor directly to make an appointment if you are unable to find a time.
If you have never applied to North Seattle College, South Seattle College, or Seattle Central College or if you are a returning student after more than two years, please contact us to make an appointment.
Other Helpful Advising Appointment Links
- Step-by-Step Instructions PDF: How to Use Starfish
- Step-by-Step Instructions PDF: How to Use Zoom
- Video: Students: Logging In and Making Appointments in Starfish
Do you have a quick question (5-10 minutes) for Advising? Join our drop-in Zoom advising. You will have video (optional) and audio access to an Advisor. No RSVP necessary, just join when you can!
Winter Quarter 2021 Schedule:
Monday-Thursday: 12-1PM and 3-4PM
*Drop-in not available 1/29/2021
If you need permission to register for a class because of transferring in a prerequisite course or instructor permission, fill out this form https://northseattle.edu/advising/contact and include:
- Proper documentation of your prerequisites (transcripts or test scores) if they were not taken at North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, or South Seattle College. Ensure your documentation clearly shows your name and the name of the institution or test and resubmit with each new entry code request as we do not retain unofficial documentation sent by email.
- Indicate the quarter and specific class for which you need an entry code.
Quickly connect with Advising via our Live Chat during select dates and hours to ask quick questions via text only. You can save the chat transcript, too! No video or audio included in the chat. Click the chat bubble on this web page during the following hours: https://northseattle.edu/advising
Winter Quarter 2021 Hours
Winter Quarter 2021 Hours (beginning January 11th):
Monday-Thursday: 10AM – 1PM*
*not available during holidays when campus is closed
*Live Chat not available 1/29/2021
Note: new chats will not be accepted within 10 minutes before the end time