Get a Running Start on Your College Education and Save Money!
Running Start is an amazing program for high school juniors and seniors to take college classes and earn high school and college credit at the same time. Join us at North Seattle and start your college education while saving money on tuition.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Running Start Information Sessions
Interested in becoming a Running Start student in the 2020-21 academic year? Join us for an information session where we will explain the program, benefits, and application process. Student and guardians welcome.
Monday, March 9CANCELLED
Wednesday, March 18CANCELLED
- • Thursday, April 2
- • Tuesday, April 14
- • Wednesday, April 22
All sessions held at North Seattle College in room CC1161 from 6 – 7 p.m.
Questions or accommodations? Contact email@example.com or (206) 934-7768.
You're eligible if you are...
- • Enrolled at a Washington state public school
- • A High School Junior or Senior
- • Placed into college level English OR math on placement test
Steps to Getting Started
- 1. Print Running Start Application Packet
- 2. Apply to NSC online --No application fee
- 3. (Running Start students are not required to answer questions about residency. Please complete a paper application at the Admissions office if you do not want to provide residency information.)
- 4. Provide proof of placement into college-level English or math. Placement options listed on page 3 of application packet. Information on placement testing at NSC available through the Testing Center: northseattle.edu/placement-tests/day-test
- 5. Meet with high school counselor
- 6. Submit completed application packet, including test scores, to Student Success Services (2nd floor of the College Center)
- 7. For new students enrolling for fall quarter 2020, the front desk staff will sign students up for a registration session when the application packet is submitted.
Priority deadline for new students starting fall 2020 is May 1; we do accept applications after this date, however, class selection may be limited.
- *Students with 504 or IEP accommodations at the high school may qualify for accommodations at North Seattle College.Please contact our Disability Services office for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-934-3697.
If you are a current Running Start student at another campus, please complete all of the steps above except the placement testing. Please submit your unofficial college transcripts and original placement test scores.