Due to staffing shortages, the Credentials Office is experiencing a critical backlog in evaluation of transfer credit processing. Please allow extra time for your transfer credit evaluation to be processed. Thank you for your patience as we work to process applications as quickly as possible.
You need an official credit evaluation if you want credits from another college or university applied toward degree or certificate requirements at North Seattle College. Official credit evaluations will take a minimum of 12 weeks. Students should meet with an Academic Advisor or program Faculty Coordinator if an entry code is needed for placement into a class at North based off of classes taken at a previous college. See the Academic Calendar for important registration and financial dates.
Steps to Apply for Credit Evaluation:
- To qualify for an evaluation of incoming credits, you must be a new student enrolled at the college for the current or upcoming quarter, or a returning student who has been actively enrolled at North Seattle College within the past four years.
- If you are a returning degree-seeking student who hasn’t attended in more than four years, please contact Advising to update your academic plan prior to applying for a credit evaluation.
- Haven’t applied for admissions yet? Get started here.
- Hand delivered transcripts are only accepted if they are sealed. We will not accept unofficial transcripts. An official transcript or international agency report that has been opened is considered unofficial.
- North Seattle College does not accept transcripts via email. Electronic transcript options are accepted through National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, eScrip, and other third-party secure transcript processing institutions.
- Send all official college transcripts, including: military transcripts, Advanced Placement (AP) scores, International Baccalaureate (IB) scores, international college transcripts and agency evaluations to the following address:
North Seattle College
ATTN: Records and Transcripts
9600 College Way North
Seattle, WA 98103-3599
- When your transcripts are received, there will be an Advising Note in ctcLink.
- Verify that your transcripts have been received before submitting the application.
- Only degree or certificate-seeking students should apply for an official credit evaluation.
- Your transcripts will only be evaluated toward ONE program of study.
- Undecided? Speak with an Academic Advisor for help narrowing down the choices. Advisors can also look over your unofficial transcripts when discussing your degree options and issue permission codes for class placement.
- Make sure your email address is correct in our system by logging into ctcLink and updating your preferred contact information. Instructions can be found here.
- You will be emailed when your credit evaluation has been processed or if we need anything more from you.
- You can view your transfer credit report on ctcLink through the Academic Records tile. You can find further instructions on how to view your transfer credit report here.