Resulting from campus wide disruption in processing due to COVID-19 and recent conversion to ctcLink, Credentials is experiencing a critical backlog in the processing of graduation applications and diploma printing/mailing. Please allow extra time for your graduation application and diploma to be processed. Thank you for your patience as we work to assist students as quickly as possible.
Please note: With the ctcLink conversion, there is a newly defined graduation application process as listed below.
Apply for Graduation
Did you know that degrees and certificates are not automatically awarded when you complete your program requirements?
- Apply to graduate through ctcLink Student Self-Service Portal here. Please visit the ctcLink Reference Center for instructions on how to apply.
- Confirming eligibility for graduation processing, your advisor or faculty coordinator will review your graduation application. You will be contacted only if there are issues with your graduation application.
- To track the status of your graduation application, log into ctcLink Student Self-Service here. Click the “Academic Progress” tile, then select “View Graduation Status”.
- Pass your final classes! Graduation application processing begins after grades have been posted to student transcripts. You will only be contacted during the process if there are questions.
- Update your mailing address through the Student Self-Service here. You can find instructions to update your mailing address here.
- After your degree is posted, your graduation status will be updated to “Degree Awarded”. Your diploma or certificate will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your profile. We cannot provide tracking information. If the diploma is undeliverable and sent back to North, we will send again. Otherwise students need to order a Duplicate Diploma (see diploma section on this page).
- Order your official transcript if you need it to be sent to you or to another school/institution.
- Visit our Commencement Ceremony page for more information about how you can participate in the annual Seattle Colleges commencement celebration.
Internationally Mailed Diplomas/Certificates
For the first request only, diplomas/certificates being sent to an international destination will be sent via FedEx with the cost covered by the College. Duplicate diplomas/certificates can be sent via FedEx to international destinations, but the fee will be the student’s responsibility. At this point, students must request diplomas/certificates to be sent via FedEx.
Due to staffing shortages, the Credentials Office is experiencing a critical backlog in graduation application processing. Please allow extra time for your graduation application to be processed and diploma to be mailed. Thank you for your patience as we work to process applications as quickly as possible.
You can apply for graduation directly through ctcLink. You can find instructions on how to do so here. If you have questions about your graduation eligibility, meet with your advisor or faculty coordinator, by appointment.
Processing graduation applications begins 4 business days after final grades have been posted for the end of the quarter. Students can expect to see their degree/certificate awarded on their transcript within 5 weeks and to receive their mailed diploma within 10 to 12 weeks.
The graduation application submission deadlines are listed below. If you miss an open graduation application term, you must apply for the following term during the open date range.
Graduation Application Opens
|Graduation Application Submission Deadline|
March 15, 2021
|July 15, 2021|
May 15, 2021
|November 15, 2021|
October 15, 2021
|February 15, 2022|
January 15, 2022
|May 15, 2022*|
* Important Notice: Students must apply for graduation no later than May 9, 2022 to ensure your name appears in the printed commencement program!
After your degree is posted, your graduation status will be updated to “Degree Awarded”. Your diploma or certificate will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your profile. We cannot provide tracking information. If the diploma is undeliverable and sent back to North, we will send again. Otherwise students need to order a duplicate diploma (see duplicate requests info. listed below).
During NSC campus closure due to COVID-19, completed Duplicate Request forms can be emailed to NSCRecords@seattlecolleges.edu with the subject line “Duplicate Diploma Request”. During this time, mailing of duplicates may take 4-6 weeks after the request and payment have been processed.
Duplicate Degree/Certificate Copies
Duplicate diploma requests are for those graduates who have previously received their first, original, free diploma and now need an additional diploma copy. For duplicate copies of a degree or certificate awarded by North Seattle College, fill out the Duplicate Request form and place your order through the Cashier’s Office in person, by fax or by mail. (Printed copies of the duplicate request form are also available.) Duplicates are normally mailed 2-3 weeks after the request and payment have been processed.
The current fee for duplicate copies is available from the fees table.
Internationally Mailed Duplicates
For duplicate diplomas being mailed to international destinations, upgraded shipping (via FedEx) is available. The additional fees associated with upgraded shipping are the student’s responsibility. Please include this information when submitting your request.
Requests for duplicate diplomas can be faxed directly to the North Cashier’s Office at fax # (206) 934-0068, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
North Seattle College
9600 College Way North
Seattle, WA 98103-3599
If you are faxing your request, you must pay by credit card. Include the following information:
- Card number
- Expiration date
- Name as it appears on the card
- Your written signature
- Your daytime telephone number
If requesting duplicates by mail, you may enclose a check payable to “North Seattle College” instead of using a credit card. For credit card payments, include the information listed above.