Please note: With the ctcLink conversion, there is a newly defined graduation application process as listed below.
Apply for Graduation
Did you know that degrees and certificates are not automatically awarded when you complete your program requirements?
- Apply to graduate through ctcLink Student Self-Service Portal here. Please visit the ctcLink Reference Center for instructions on how to apply.
- Confirming eligibility for graduation processing, your advisor or faculty coordinator will review your graduation application. You will be contacted only if there are issues with your graduation application.
- To track the status of your graduation application, log into ctcLink Student Self-Service here. Click the “Academic Progress” tile, then select “View Graduation Status”.
- Pass your final classes! Graduation application processing begins after grades have been posted to student transcripts. You will only be contacted during the process if there are questions.
- Update your mailing address through the Student Self-Service here. You can find instructions to update your mailing address here.
- After your degree is posted, your graduation status will be updated to “Degree Awarded”. Your diploma or certificate will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your profile. We cannot provide tracking information. If the diploma is undeliverable and sent back to North, we will send again. Otherwise students need to order a Duplicate Diploma (see diploma section on this page).
- Order your official transcript if you need it to be sent to you or to another school/institution.
- Visit our Commencement Ceremony page for more information about how you can participate in the annual Seattle Colleges commencement celebration.
Internationally Mailed Diplomas/Certificates
For the first request only, diplomas/certificates being sent to an international destination will be sent via FedEx with the cost covered by the College. Duplicate diplomas/certificates can be sent via FedEx to international destinations, but the fee will be the student’s responsibility. At this point, students must request diplomas/certificates to be sent via FedEx.
Due to staffing shortages, the Credentials Office is experiencing a critical backlog in graduation application processing. Please allow extra time for your graduation application to be processed and diploma to be mailed. Thank you for your patience as we work to process applications as quickly as possible.
You can apply for graduation directly through ctcLink. You can find instructions on how to do so here. If you have questions about your graduation eligibility, meet with your advisor or faculty coordinator, by appointment.
Processing graduation applications begins 4 business days after final grades have been posted for the end of the quarter. Students can expect to see their degree/certificate awarded on their transcript within 5 weeks and to receive their mailed diploma within 10 to 12 weeks.
The graduation application submission deadlines are listed below. If you miss an open graduation application term, you must apply for the following term during the open date range.
2022-2023 Graduation Applications:
Open = Start of Registration for the Quarter
Close = Last Day of the Quarter
* Important Notice: Students must apply for graduation no later than May 9, 2022 to ensure your name appears in the printed commencement program!
Congratulations! You’ve graduated!
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare to receive your diploma:
- Your graduation status will be updated to “Degree Awarded.”
- Your diploma or certificate will be mailed to the mailing address listed in your ctcLink student profile. We cannot provide tracking information.
- Expect your diploma to be mailed 8-12 weeks after grades have posted
- If you did not receive your diploma within the timeline, check your Advising Notes before emailing NSCcredentials@seattlecolleges.edu
Why would I need to request a duplicate diploma?
Duplicate diploma requests are for those graduates who have previously received their first, original, free diploma and now need an additional diploma copy.
A purchase would be necessary if you did not receive your original diploma due to:
- Incorrect address in ctcLink
- USPS interruptions
- Lost mail
- Returned to sender
- Undeliverable mail
- Non deliverable address
- Unable to forward
- Forward time expired
Duplicate Diploma Request
- Completed Duplicate Diploma Request forms should be submitted to Cashier’s Office in person or emailed to NSCcashiers@seattlecolleges.edu with the subject line “Duplicate Diploma Request.”
- During this time, mailing of duplicates may take 2-3 weeks after the request and payment have been processed.
- Note: Cashiers will forward to NSC Credentials after payment has been processed.
- Printed copies of the duplicate request form are also available in person at the One-Stop: Launch Pad (2nd floor of College Center).
The current fee for duplicate copies is available from the fees table.
Internationally Mailed Duplicates
For duplicate diplomas being mailed to international destinations:
- Ensure address is full and complete
- Provide a photocopy of mail you’ve received to that address
- Note: expect this process to take an additional 2-3 weeks when sending international mail
We will offer electronic versions of student diplomas only for students who live internationally.