Placement for Classes
During the NSC campus closure due to COVID-19, and until the campus reopens, the Testing Office will not be administering any in-person tests. Remote placement testing is currently available. Please refer to the information below for more details.
Available Remote Testing
English DSP Tool (Directed Self-Placement)
Contact the Testing Office staff at NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu to request access to the English DSP Tool (Directed Self-Placement).
- Please provide your first/last name and ctcLink ID in your initial email.
- If you have not activated your ctcLink ID, please visit the ctcLink Resource webpage for instructions.
- A $35 fee must be paid prior to taking the survey and for your placement score to be reported. The Testing Center will provide instructions on how to make a payment.
- If you have already paid/completed the ALEKS Math placement test, please notify the Testing Center in your initial email to waive the $35 fee.
- Contact the Testing Office via email once you have completed the English DSP test.
- Please note, your scores cannot be added to your student account if you have not made a payment the placement test fee.
To enroll into ESL classes (English as a Second Language), you will need to complete the online ESL application here.
ALEKS Math Placement Test
- Click here to obtain the math placement instructions.
- Send your completed test scores to NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu with your first/last name and ctcLink ID.
- If you did not obtain a copy of your test scores, please notify the Testing Office staff via email and we will look up your test results.
The ALEKS math placement test can be accessed 24/7.
Remote Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm