Placement for Classes
During the NSC campus closure due to COVID-19, and until the campus reopens, the Testing Office will not be administering any in-person tests. Remote placement testing is currently available. Please refer to the information below for more details.
Do I Need Placement?
There are multiple placement options that can be used to determine placement into English and math classes, or classes that have English or math pre-requisites.
You can see all the ways to place into English on the English Eligibility Form.
You can see all the ways to place into math on the Math Eligibility Form. For more information on using a Seattle Public School transcript for math placement please see the Seattle Public Schools Alternative Math Placement chart.
If you still need English and/or math placement, follow the steps below.
Available Remote Testing
English DSP Tool (Directed Self-Placement)
Contact the Testing Office staff at NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu to request access to the English DSP Tool (Directed Self-Placement).
- Please provide your first/last name and ctcLink ID in your initial email.
- If you have not activated your ctcLink ID, please visit the ctcLink Resource webpage for instructions.
- A $35 fee must be paid prior to taking the survey and for your placement score to be reported. The Testing Center will provide instructions on how to make a payment.
- If you have already paid/completed the ALEKS Math placement test, please notify the Testing Center in your initial email to waive the $35 fee.
- Contact the Testing Office via email once you have completed the English DSP test.
- Please note, your scores cannot be added to your student account if you have not made a payment the placement test fee.
To enroll into ESL classes (English as a Second Language), you will need to complete the online ESL application here.
ALEKS Math Placement Test
- Click here to obtain the math placement instructions.
- Send your completed test scores to NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu with your first/last name and ctcLink ID.
- If you did not obtain a copy of your test scores, please notify the Testing Office staff via email and we will look up your test results.
The ALEKS math placement test can be accessed 24/7.
Remote Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm