We will have ESL, ABE, GED, HS+ and I-BEST classes Fall 2021 quarter: Monday, September 27 – Monday, December 13.
The classes will not be on campus. Classes will be online. You can sign up today!
To take an online ESL class, first you must fill out the quick application form here.
We will contact you very soon and help you register for classes.
If you took classes here before, please locate your (old) student ID number (SID) if you can.
For online classes, you will need:
- A computer, laptop, or tablet with a camera, speakers, and a microphone (or a headset).
- Computer Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- An email address that you can check every day.
We have some laptops you can borrow. Please let us know if you need to borrow one.
Do you have an ESL question? Do you need help from Basic and Transitional Studies Staff?
Feel free to connect with us live during our zoom drop-in times. No RSVP necessary.
Fall Zoom Drop-In Hours:
ESL (English Language) & BTS general questions:
- Every Tuesdays and Wednesday from 10am to 2pm through 10/29
Or call: 206-934-4720
Any other questions, please call the Basic and Transitional Studies Office at (206) 934-4720 or email us at BTS@seattlecolleges.edu
See below for more information on ESL classes.
We have 6 levels of ESL from very beginner to college-ready and offer all levels in the day and in the evenings, face-to-face and online.
- Improve your English language skills for your daily life and job.
- Explore and transition to a college degree.
- Train now for a better career.
Tuition: $25/quarter. (Scholarships available.)
Skills -- every quarter you can study:
- Reading & Writing
- Listening, Speaking & Pronunciation
- Computer Skills
- Job Training for non-native speakers (I-BEST)
|Daytime||M, T, W, Th, F|
|Levels 4 to 6||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
|Levels 1 to 3||10 a.m. to 2 p.m.|
|Evening||M, T, W, Th|
|Levels 1 to 6||6:30 p.m. to 8:50 p.m.|
Job-Training: job training & ESL class at the same time? Check out our I-BEST programs.
Need a GED® or High School Diploma? Learn more here.
*Students with B, F or J visas are NOT eligible to take ESL classes for $25 per quarter. Please contact the International Programs Office at (206) 934-3672 or the Office of Continuing Education at (206) 934-3705 for more information.