Transitional Studies: ABE, GED, High School+, & College Prep
Program Pathways are a series of courses and experiences carefully selected to help you earn your credential and prepare for your career or university transfer. Program Pathway Maps guide you through quarter-by-quarter coursework, indicate when you’ll need to complete important steps, and describe popular careers in this pathway. Some course sequences or recommended courses can be customized or adjusted by speaking with an advisor.
Transitional Studies: ABE, GED, High School+, and College Prep
- Get College-Ready in English and Math
- Finish your High School Diploma
- Earn your GED®
- Start college or career training now in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Technology
Price: $25/quarter (scholarships available)
We will have ABE, GED, High School+ & College Prep classes summer quarter, and they will run from Monday, June 28 – Thursday, August 19.
The classes will not be on campus. Classes will be online.
To take an online ABE/GED/HS+ class: contact our ABE Transitions Specialist, Shan Lackey at (206) 934-4537 or email her at Shan.Lackey@seattlecolleges.edu.
For online classes, you will need:
- A computer, laptop, or tablet with a camera, speakers, and a microphone (or a headset).
- Computer Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- An email address that you can check every day.
We have some laptops you can borrow. Please let us know if you need to borrow one.
Any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call the Basic and Transitional Studies Office at (206) 934-4720 or email us at BTS@seattlecolleges.edu
See below for additional information.
In Transitional Studies we have 3 programs that get you college-ready as you start your pathway/degree to a living-wage, high-demand career.
- Washington state currently uses the four-part GED® tests for its high school equivalency test. We have quarterly classes in the day and evening, online and in-person, to help you prepare and practice for the GED. Students enrolled in our $25/quarter GED-prep program will receive unlimited free test vouchers.
- For information about GED®, see the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges web page.
- High School+
No high school diploma? No problem.
- Credit for Life Knowledge: Adults who are at least 18 years old can earn a high school diploma through High School+ -- a program that turns your life experience (work, transcripts, previous training, or military experience) into credits toward a high school diploma.
- Credit for High School and College (2 for 1!): enroll in a college-level class and get high school credit at the same time. This dual-credit approach saves you time and money.
- Customized Education Plans: work one-on-one with our Transition Specialist to assess what credits you have already earned. Then, develop a plan to complete your high school diploma while you start a degree or job training program.
- College Prep/Transitional Studies
- Refresh your Math -- statistics, algebra, and pre-cal.
- Brush up your English -- thesis statements, grammar, and paragraph organization.
Tuition is $25 per quarter, with classes in the day or evening.
Sign up here for our next open house to learn more.
Or contact our Transition Specialist Shan Lackey at (206) 934-4537 or email@example.com to get enrolled today.