Transitional Studies: ABE, GED, High School+, & College Prep
Transitional Studies: ABE, GED, High School+, and College Prep
- Get College-Ready in English and Math
- Finish your High School Diploma
- Earn your GED®
- Start college or career training now in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Technology
Price: $25/quarter (scholarships available)
We will have ABE, GED, High School+ & College Prep classes Spring quarter, and they will run from Monday, April 5 – Friday, June 18.
The classes will not be on campus. Classes will be online. You can sign up today!
To take an online ABE/GED/HS+ class: contact our ABE Transitions Specialist, Shan Lackey at (206) 934-4537 or email her at Shan.Lackey@seattlecolleges.edu.
Virtual Open House:
Sign up here for our virtual (Zoom) open house to learn more about the ABE, GED, High School+, and College Prep classes. Dates and time listed below.
- Tuesday, March 16, 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 17, 6:30 p.m.
For online classes, you will need:
- A computer, laptop, or tablet with a camera, speakers, and a microphone (or a headset).
- Computer Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- An email address that you can check every day.
If you need to borrow a laptop or need Wi-Fi, please contact Nyah Ferreira at (206) 934-6030 or email her at Nyah.Ferreira@seattlecolleges.edu.
Any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call the Basic and Transitional Studies Office at (206) 934-4720 or email us at BTS@seattlecolleges.edu
See below for additional information.
In Transitional Studies we have 3 programs that get you college-ready as you start your pathway/degree to a living-wage, high-demand career.
- Washington state currently uses the four-part GED® tests for its high school equivalency test. We have quarterly classes in the day and evening, online and in-person, to help you prepare and practice for the GED. Students enrolled in our $25/quarter GED-prep program will receive unlimited free test vouchers.
- For information about GED®, see the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges web page.
- High School+
No high school diploma? No problem.
- Credit for Life Knowledge: Adults who are at least 18 years old can earn a high school diploma through High School+ -- a program that turns your life experience (work, transcripts, previous training, or military experience) into credits toward a high school diploma.
- Credit for High School and College (2 for 1!): enroll in a college-level class and get high school credit at the same time. This dual-credit approach saves you time and money.
- Customized Education Plans: work one-on-one with our Transition Specialist to assess what credits you have already earned. Then, develop a plan to complete your high school diploma while you start a degree or job training program.
- College Prep/Transitional Studies
- Refresh your Math -- statistics, algebra, and pre-cal.
- Brush up your English -- thesis statements, grammar, and paragraph organization.
Tuition is $25 per quarter, with classes in the day or evening.
Sign up here for our next open house to learn more.
Or contact our Transition Specialist Shan Lackey at (206) 934-4537 or email@example.com to get enrolled today.