ABE, GED, High School+
Transitional Studies: ABE, GED, High School+, and College Prep
- Get College-Ready in English and Math
- Finish your High School Diploma
- Earn your GED®
- Start college or career training now in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Technology
Price: $25/quarter (scholarships available)
Spring 2022 quarter for ABE, ESL, GED, High School+ and I-BEST classes:
- Monday, April 4 – Tuesday, June 14
- Some classes will be on campus. Some classes will remain online.
Choose a schedule that works for you. You can sign up today!
To take an online ABE/GED/HS+ class: contact our ABE Transitions Specialist, Shan Lackey at (206) 934-4537 or email her at Shan.Lackey@seattlecolleges.edu.
We have some laptops you can borrow. Please let us know if you need to borrow one.
Our office is now officially open in person:
Mon – Thurs, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Do you have a question?
- Drop-In: 2nd Floor, IB Building, Room 2407C
- Call/email us: (206) 934-4720 or BTS@seattlecolleges.edu to schedule an In-Person or Virtual Appointment
- Zoom Us – Virtual Drop-In Hours below
Zoom Drop-In Hours
ABE/GED/High School+ questions:
Zoom Drop-In Hours:
- Mondays 11am – 12 pm (except 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/30)
- Wednesdays 11am – 12 pm (except 4/13, 4/20)
- Fridays: 11am – 12 pm (except 4/22, 5/27)
Need to connect outside of these times?
In Transitional Studies we have 3 programs that get you college-ready as you start your pathway/degree to a living-wage, high-demand career.
- Washington state currently uses the four-part GED® tests for its high school equivalency test. We have quarterly classes in the day and evening, online and in-person, to help you prepare and practice for the GED. Students enrolled in our $25/quarter GED-prep program will receive unlimited free test vouchers.
- For information about GED®, see the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges web page.
- High School+
No high school diploma? No problem.
- Credit for Life Knowledge: Adults who are at least 18 years old can earn a high school diploma through High School+ -- a program that turns your life experience (work, transcripts, previous training, or military experience) into credits toward a high school diploma.
- Credit for High School and College (2 for 1!): enroll in a college-level class and get high school credit at the same time. This dual-credit approach saves you time and money.
- Customized Education Plans: work one-on-one with our Transition Specialist to assess what credits you have already earned. Then, develop a plan to complete your high school diploma while you start a degree or job training program.
- College Prep/Transitional Studies
- Refresh your Math -- statistics, algebra, and pre-cal.
- Brush up your English -- thesis statements, grammar, and paragraph organization.
Tuition is $25 per quarter, with classes in the day or evening.
Sign up here for our next open house to learn more.
Or contact our Transition Specialist Shan Lackey at (206) 934-4537 or email@example.com to get enrolled today.