How to See an Advisor
We are available for in-person services Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. with virtual services available Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Please view the options below for all the ways to connect with an advisor.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment with your assigned advisor either the same day or in advance, depending on availability. Scheduled appointments are ideal for current students.
A Scheduled Appointment can help you:
- Review program requirement
- Select appropriate courses
- Create or update a customized education plan
- Discuss your academic progress standing (alert/probation/suspension)
- Learn about other student support services
Log in to Starfish clicking the button below. If you are having trouble finding an appointment that works for your schedule, email your advisor directly to identify a time.
Get to know Starfish and all of its handy features! Check out our how-to guides, videos, and frequently asked questions to learn how to fully use this student tech tool.
Staff from Admissions, Advising, Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, and Workforce Education are conveniently available in one Zoom room to assist you.
Please let the Host know that you want to speak with an advisor.
Online Zoom Hours:
Mondays: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Fridays: 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Drop-In Advising is best for quick questions and assistance that can be completed in 10-15 minutes. Available on a first-come, first-served basis both on-campus and virtually over Zoom.
New Drop-Ins will not be accepted 10 minutes before the end time.
Monday-Thursday, 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Please note that the permission number box shows up for everyone and you may or may not need one to register. Leave this field blank and click “Save" to see if a code is needed before you request one.
Here is a helpful guide on how to register for courses through ctcLink.
Email is the best way to request a permission number!
Please email AdvisorNorth@seattlecolleges.edu and include the following information:
- Name and ctcLink ID (EMPLID) number. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID), please click here for information on how to activate your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) reset your password or update/recover your ctcLink account.
- Any attachments relevant to your request or question (unofficial transcripts, placement documents, etc.)
- Course(s) you’re trying to register for – include the item number(s) of the specific section(s)
Running Start students
Please see the Running Start website for current advising availability.
Seattle Promise students
Mondays: virtual appointments**
Tuesdays: in-person support
Wednesdays: in-person support
Thursdays: virtual appointments**
Fridays: virtual appointments**
Seattle Promise Zoom Drop-In Hours:
Days: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Location: Zoom & In-person (2nd floor of the CC building)
**To request an appointment, please email a Retention Specialist with the North Seattle College Support Team.