How to See an Advisor
Beginning the week of April 4, through the end of Spring Quarter, we will offer in-person services for those student-facing services four days a week – Monday-Thursday – from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Virtual services will continue to be available for students who choose such services or cannot make it to campus.
Advisors are available to see you for scheduled appointments or quick, drop-in questions both virtually and on-campus. Get to know all the ways to see an advisor and choose the best option based on your needs.
Have questions for Advising, Enrollment Services, and Financial Aid and can't make it to campus? Attend a joint Zoom session with staff from student services offices to get quick assistance in one convenient place. Daytime and evening hours are offered each week. View hours and Zoom links to join the next session.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment with your assigned advisor either the same day or in advance, depending on availability. Scheduled appointments are ideal for current students.
A Scheduled Appointment can help you:
- Review program requirement
- Select appropriate courses
- Create or update a customized education plan
- Discuss your academic progress standing (alert/probation/suspension)
- Learn about other student support services
Log in to Starfish clicking the button below. If you are having trouble finding an appointment that works for your schedule, email your advisor directly to identify a time.
Get to know Starfish and all of its handy features! Check out our how-to guides, videos, and frequently asked questions to learn how to fully use this student tech tool.
Summer & Fall Registration
Registration for returning students begins on Monday, May 16 and new student registration begins on Monday, May 23.
Advisors will be available to help you select classes for summer and fall.
Returning Student Registration Opening Week
- Monday, May 16: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 17: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 18 & Thursday, May 19: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
New Student Registration Opening Week
- Monday, May 23: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 24: 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 25 & Thursday, May 26: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Virtual Student Services
Joined by staff from Admissions, Advising, Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, and Workforce Education. These sessions use their own Zoom link: Join Virtual Student Services
- Tuesday & Wednesday, 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
New Virtual Drop-Ins will not be accepted 10 minutes before the end time.
Spring 2022 Hours
Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Fridays are virtual services only)
Visit In-Person Drop-In Advising at the College Center Building (CC) 2346A. This option is ideal for quick, general question or if you need to come to campus to see other Student Services on the same day.
Drop-In Advising can help you:
- Get answers to quick questions
- Choose classes for the quarter
- Get help scheduling an advising appointment in Starfish
- Navigate policies and processes
- Get referred to campus support services
Advisors rotate drop-in coverage each day and so we recommend that you schedule an appointment in Starfish to guarantee that you meet your assigned advisor.
Some quick questions may require longer conversations. We are happy to help as much as we can within that 15-minute session before assisting you with scheduling the next available 30-minute advising appointment for additional time.
New In-Person Drop-Ins will not be seen 15 minutes before the end time.
Running Start students
Please see the Running Start website for current advising availability.
Seattle Promise students
Seattle Promise Zoom Drop-In Hours:
Tuesday and Wednesday
1:00pm – 3:00pm
To request an appointment, please email a Retention Specialist with the North Seattle College Support Team.