Are you currently taking prerequisites to gain admission into a nursing or advanced allied healthcare program? Did you earn a certificate in an allied health program, but want to earn an associate or bachelor’s degree to be eligible for a promotion with your current employer? If so, then the Allied Health AAS-T degree might be the right fit for you!
This unique degree can meet a variety of needs for those looking to advance in the field of healthcare:
1. Graduates of this program can transfer directly to either the Community Health and Education or the Healthcare Services Management Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree programs at Seattle Central College.
2. Students can use this degree pathway to pursue prerequisite courses required to apply for admission to a nursing or advanced allied health program.
3. Graduates of allied health certificate programs can apply the credits they have already earned towards an associate degree that could lead to further employment or educational advancement.
Students intending to use this program to transfer to another institution are strongly encouraged to contact the intended program to review entry requirements and to meet with an advisor to develop an education plan to ensure that classes taken meet admission requirements and are transferrable.
Potential Job Titles
- • Medical Office Manager
- • Health Unit Coordinator
- • Medical Office Specialist
- • Patient Coordinator
- • Medical Secretary
- • Others, depending on course of study