UW Transfer Tips
Use these links to explore transfer to all three University of Washington campuses. See how NSC courses transfer to all UW campuses using UW MyPlan or their course equivalency guide.
- Explore UWB majors and prerequisites needed for transfer with Transfer Planning Worksheets.
- Attend an information session or connect with a UWB Admissions Advisor.
- Become familiar with the transfer application process for UWB.
- Get help with your UWB personal statement from their Writing Center, or North’s Page One Writing and Language Center before you apply.
- Explore the nearly 200 majors available on the main UW campus and alternatives to popular majors.
- Learn about important transfer requirements and processes.
- Sign up and attend a Transfer Thursday information session. Look for opportunities to connect with department advisors.
- Learn what’s needed in the application personal statement. Get help writing yours from North’s Page One Writing and Language Center
- Explore UWT majors and prerequisites needed with their Major Planning Worksheets.
- Find out about important transfer policies and processes.
- Attend a Transfer Tuesday information session or connect with a UWT Counselor.
- Find tips for writing your personal statement, then ask North’s Page One Writing and Language Center to review your draft.
If you’re thinking about applying to transfer to the University of Washington, MyPlan can help you begin to plan your transfer and envision what your future might look like at UW.
Evaluate Your Coursework and Check Your Progress
MyPlan’s transfer planning tool allows you to import your unofficial transcripts and view how the courses you have already taken translate to coursework at the UW and degree requirements at any of the three UW campuses – Bothell, Seattle or Tacoma. You can also enter any courses you are planning to take at North Seattle College, allowing you to view how both completed and projected coursework may transfer.
Envision Your Future at UW
With MyPlan, you can begin to visualize your future at the UW. You can search for and bookmark UW courses of interest and create an academic plan based on those courses.
Start the Conversation
Easily print your plan and share it with an advisor. Communicating with your transfer advising staff is vital to ensure you are on the right path for academic success.