HBCU Transfer Agreements
Earn your bachelor’s degree at a Historically Black College or University
North Seattle College has partnered with two Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) with transfer agreements that make it easier for you to continue your education.
Wilberforce University (Ohio) and Southern University (Louisiana) have a long tradition of providing first-rate education to African Americans and are open to all students. With an education from a HBCU, you can:
- Earn your degree in a diverse learning environment
- Choose from a wide range of majors and programs that suit your interests
- Broaden your perspective by studying in another state
- Forge national connections with HBCU networks and alumni associations after you graduate
How it works
- Guaranteed admission: Earn a transfer associate degree with at least a 2.0 GPA and you will be guaranteed admission. These universities are open to all students regardless of race or ethnicity.
- Easy transferring: Your credits will easily transfer, so you won’t miss a step on your path to a bachelor’s degree.
- Cost: The cost of attending is comparable to Washington’s public universities.
- Scholarships: You will be placed on a priority list to receive scholarships if you have earned at least a 3.2 GPA.
- Housing: You will be given priority consideration for student housing.
If you are interested in transferring to Wilberforce University or Southern University, make an appointment with an Advisor at North to plan your next steps.