Over 500 universities and colleges around the country use the Common Application. If you are applying to a school that uses the Common Application, you will be required to get certain information from North Seattle College. We have created a guide to help with the most frequently asked questions about filling out the Common Application here.
Below is a description of the process you will need to go through at North.
The advisor is someone at the College whom you have used as an academic advisor. The advisor you name will not be prompted to write a letter of recommendation; however, please ask before you put an advisor’s email into this section. If you don’t have an academic advisor, please use the name and email of our transfer coordinator, Norma Jenner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The academic evaluator is the person you would like to write a letter of recommendation for you. Likely this will be an instructor who knows you well and can speak to your academic abilities. Please see specific college instructions to learn if your school requires a letter of recommendation, how many they require, and if there are any specifications on who should write the letter(s).
The college report is a form that collects information about your current college and your performance at that school. Information requested includes your academic performance and your disciplinary record. Contact the North Seattle College Registration office to submit college reports at email@example.com.
Submitting a College Report to the Registration Office
- Download the report from the Common Application website.
- Complete the applicant sections (student demographic information, class information, privacy notice, etc.)
- Submit the Common Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the email:
- First/Last Name
- ctcLink ID
- Name and contact information (i.e. email or mailing address) of the college(s) the Common Application report needs to be sent to.
- A statement authorizing North Seattle College to mail or email your Common Application report to the requested address(es).
- Your Common application report will be processed within 1-2 business days Monday-Friday during regular office hours (8:00am – 4:30pm). Please note, if a report is submitted on a Friday afternoon/evening, it will be processed by the following Tuesday.