Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes detail the knowledge, skills and abilities that you as a student will demonstrate upon successful completion of your program.
- Think Critically and Creatively
- Recognize and apply the fundamental concepts of chemistry in a variety of problem solving contexts using creativity, analysis and intuition
- Employ the scientific method to design and analyze the results of chemical experiments across both general and organic chemistry topics
- Communicate with Clarity
- Organize and articulate chemical ideas and experimental results through written scientific reports, multi-media presentations, discussions, and collaborative project activities
- Engage in our world Actively and Responsibly
- Demonstrate use of a broad range of common laboratory techniques taught in both general and organic chemistry courses to gain a better understanding of the sub-microscopic nature of matter
- Develop expertise, broaden perspectives, and deepen understanding of the chemical world by effectively seeking scholarly information and sources from a variety of library-based scientific data-bases
- Recognize green chemistry concepts and apply these ideas to develop respect for the interconnectedness of our world and an ethic of environmental care and sustainability.