North’s education in chemistry leads to:
• greater basic science literacy and understanding of how things work.
• foundation for study of the life sciences (biology, anatomy and physiology, medicine).
• fulfilling requirements/prerequisites for career training certificates and degree programs and preparation for transfer to a 4-year school.
• major in chemistry at a 4-year institution.
• graduate work in medicine, pharmacy, chemical research.
• careers in nanotechnology, forensic science, drug discovery and pharmaceuticals, medicine, chemical engineering and computer-based materials science.