This page offers resources for low-cost computers, internet access, learning computer basics, and emergency equipment assistance for North Seattle College students. It is organized into the following sections:
NSC Student Computer/Hotspot Loaner Program
Enrolled students may borrow a Chromebook, hotspot, and/or a headset for one quarter, renewable for enrolled students.
- Contact info: Email NSCLibraryCirc@Seattlecolleges.edu
- Fill out this form, the library will contact you when equipment is available. For pickup questions, contact via email.
- Click here for more information and application.
Student Emergency Equipment Assistance
Funding for emergency purchase of equipment needed to continue studies.
- Contact info: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Emergency Assistance for Students | North Seattle College for more information.
Low-Cost Computers & Internet Access
Stay connected with essential technology at an affordable price through the City of Seattle's low-cost computer and internet options.
- Discounted computers/laptops
- Discounted smartphones
- Discounted internet service for low-income households
- Visit the City of Seattle Technology Resources here.
Low-Income Online Tech Store
InterConnection is a charitable organization that aims to bridge the digital divide by providing technology and connectivity to underserved communities. The site consists of two e-commerce stores. One for those who qualify as low-income and another for those who don’t. Both stores offer low prices on refurbished items.
- Contact Info:
- Customer Service: 1-206-222-2060
- Email: email@example.com
- Check out their low-income store titled Connect All here. 1-year warranty offered on purchases free of charge. See site for details.
- They have a reduced price store for those who do not qualify as low-income titled Interconnection. Check it out here.
TechConnect Washington Community Helpdesk
Provides free technical support to Washington residents to help them engage in a virtual environment. Helpdesk Technicians can provide technical guidance, digital navigation support, and connections to other community resources.
Contact Info: Call (800) 216-1132 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet Connections issues
- Basic Technical Support
- Canvas (LMS) Support
- Connect to Community Resources
Visit TechConnect WA for more information.
NorthStar Digital Literacy
Here, you can create an account to learn the basics of using a computer, the internet, navigating social media, email, and more. Log in from any computer with internet access and pick up where you left off.
- Sign up and begin using Northstar here.
Digital Skills & Computer Basics Learning
Drop-in computer lab with personalized coaching.
- Wednesdays & Fridays from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Opportunity Center on campus.