Tuition and Fees
As you register for Fall 2021 courses, please be aware that, some class fee increases, and a tuition increase of 2.8% are anticipated for the 2021-2022 academic year. These rates were not finalized by the time registration opened for Fall quarter 2021. Please look for email updates that will provide additional information, and remember to check your student portal. Adjustments to your tuition and fees will reflect the final rates once those are available.
Between work, school and home life, there can be a lot to track. Bookmark this page to look up tuition deadlines and make paying fees easy.
Tuition and fees are generally due within 7 business days of your first registration or prior to the first day of the quarter —whichever date comes first. However, actual deadlines may vary from quarter to quarter depending on start dates. Check the calendar below for upcoming deadlines, and sign up for text or email reminders.
You may pay tuition and fees online or in monthly installments:
Online: North Seattle College accepts Visa or MasterCard through our online payment system.
How to pay online:
- Login into your ctcLink account.
- If you are or have been a student at more than one Washington state community college, click the college you want to log in to (select North Seattle College).
If you have only been admitted to or attend one college, go to step 3.
- Click on Student Homepage.
- Click on the Financial Account tile.
- Click on Make a Payment under the Payments tab.
- Enter the amount you want to pay. Then click Next.
- Click Continue to Make Payment to pay by Visa or Mastercard.
- Enter your Billing Information and Payment Details. Then click Finish.
- Check the information and click Submit.
Monthly Installments: We offer a deferred payment service called e-Cashier through our partner NelNet (FACTS Management Company), which will enable you to make automated monthly tuition payments from a bank account, debit card or credit card. You can budget as little as $100 of tuition costs, and there are no interest charges. The e-Cashier page has detailed information about the system and a schedule of due dates.
How to enroll in a payment plan:
- Visit ctcLink and login with your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) and password. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) or need assistance recovering it, please click here for support.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to set up your payment plan, visit the ctcLink Resources page, scroll down to the "Navigating ctcLink (Desktop/Browser)" section and select "Enroll in a Nelnet Payment Plan."
Washington state residents pay significantly less for tuition than non-residents. Information about qualifying for residency status (and the lower residency tuition rate) is available from Determine Residency Status.
Education incentives in the form of discounted tuition rates and tuition waivers are available for:
- Washington state employees
- Higher-education employees (employed at least 50 percent FTE), their dependent children and spouses who reside in the state of Washington
- Veterans, active-duty military, Washington National Guard, and their spouses and dependents
- Children of deceased or disabled law enforcement officers or firefighters
- Washington resident seniors, 60+ years
Refunds are available upon request if you withdraw from one or more classes within the first 20 days of quarter. Refund amounts and requirements are available from the Refund Deadlines page.
The average cost to educate a resident full-time community or technical college student for the 2021-22 academic year is $12,445. Students pay an average of $3,445 in tuition toward this cost. The remaining $9,000 is an “opportunity pathway” provided by the State and is funded by state taxes and other sources. The amounts shown are averages for a full-time, resident student. The actual tuition a student pays will vary due to credit load, residency status and other factors.
Tuition and fee information is provided for informational purposes only. Your final tuition payment will depend on the number of courses taken and your residency status.
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, the College reserves the right to change fees or times without notice.