Why Completion Coaching?
Life events or circumstances may come up that prevent students from enrolling in classes or completing their programs of study. In these situations, North Seattle College has a dedicated resource to help you reach your academic goals. Our Completion Coach, Ona Fisher, offers individual advising and support to students to finish their degrees or certificates.
How Can a Completion Coach Assist You?
- Enroll in classes after taking a break from school
- Help with understanding funding options for your final classes
- Coach students through academic and/or personal challenges
- Assist with applying for graduation
- Assistance with understanding program progress and remaining requirements
- Reading your Academic Advisement Report
- Assistance with Transfer Credit Process
- Referrals for funding and employment resources
- Transfer planning assistance
- Help navigating financial aid
- Referral to other NSC Resources
- Personalized Check Ins
Who Should Contact our Completion Coach?
Any college level student (transfer or career training) who is within one to two quarters of finishing a certificate or degree is eligible for completion coaching support. Students who have not been enrolled in recent quarters should also contact our completion coach with questions about re-enrolling. Please sent an email to Ona Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.