Cash Assistance

This page offers information about money help and other support for people with low income organized into the following sections:

Cash Assistance through DSHS Public Benefit Programs: Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for cash benefits through programs such as TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), RCA (Refugee Cash Assistance), (SFA) State Family Assistance, PWA (Pregnant Women Assistance), ABD (Aged, Blind or Disabled Cash Assistance) and others. 
You can check if you are eligible and apply for benefits::

  • In-person on campus at the Opportunity Center, King North Community Service Office (CSO); Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.
  • Find other CSO locations through the Office Locator
  • Online at Washington Connection 
  • By phone 1-877-501-2233 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm

You may be eligible for reductions or discounts on your energy and utility bills, depending on your circumstance and where you live:

LIHEAP provides funds to help low-income households in Washington maintain affordable, dependable utility services and avoid disconnection.

Utility Assistance Programs for King County & Seattle Residents

Information available through:

King County Community Health Access Program (CHAP):  Navigators will assist you in determining your eligibility for and enrolling in various programs.  CHAP is primarily for King County residents.

NSC Student Financial Aid Office

Information about grants, scholarships, and loans from federal, state, and private sources to help pay for school. 

More Information

  • Contact: 206-934-3688 or
  • Current students may schedule an appointment with their financial aid advisor directly through Starfish or by email. Instructions for scheduling an appointment in Starfish are available here.

NSC Workforce Education Office

Workforce Education provides tuition assistance and other support services for eligible students. Workforce Education | North Seattle College 

  • Contact: or call (206) 934-3787.
  • Complete an eligibility screening at 

NSC Emergency Assistance

One-time help paying for an immediate and unpaid emergency expense that may cause you to withdraw from school. Visit Emergency Assistance for Students | North Seattle College  for more information.

Apply here

Contact: for questions.