North Seattle College is proud to support students with emergency financial grants while enrolled in school. We know that unexpected expenses and emergencies can create a barrier to remaining enrolled in school and completing your program of study.
We have multiple sources of funds students can access from one application. Each funding program has different eligibility criteria, but won’t worry about that. We will match you with the funding that meets your needs. Funds are limited and not all students will receive emergency grants from these programs. If we are unable to assist you with a financial grant, we will refer you to community resources as available.
Do I qualify?
To be eligible, a student must:
- Have a recent unforeseen emergency or financial expense that may prevent you from continuing in your program
- Have expenses related to the disruptions of campus operations due to COVID-19 (Examples of expenses located here)
AND meet all of the following requirements:
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits for the current quarter (laptop requests only require 5 credit enrollment)
- Completing a North Seattle College degree or certificate or enrolled in ESL, GED, High School Completion or Basic & Transitional Studies Program
- Commitment to meet with a Benefits Hub Coach or Workforce Education Navigator for follow-up support and return the follow-up survey
- Technology needs
- Laptop for coursework
- Bus pass
- Auto repairs / gasoline
- Medical / Dental costs
- Housing / Utilities
- Tuition and fees, if no other resource available
- Textbooks and supplies, if no other resource available
How to Get Started
- Complete your general profile using your email address and creating a password on the Emergency Funds application page.
- After completing your general profile, make sure to fill out the application for North Seattle College Emergency Funds at https://seattlecolleges.academicworks.com/opportunities/4355
- Students will be contacted by email from a member of the emergency assistance team or a Benefits Hub Coach for next steps and applications status
Students who receive funding from the Emergency Assistance Funding are required to meet with a United Way Benefits Hub coach or Workforce Education Navigator to receive information and referrals for income support and services.
Students are required to complete the Student Follow-up Survey.
Have Question? Need Help?
The application is available online at https://seattlecolleges.academicworks.com. Students are encouraged to meet with a Benefits Hub Coach to complete the application or alternatively they may contact a team member:
Benefits Hub Coaches
- Justin Butler 206-934-4631 – Justin.Butler@seattlecolleges.edu
- Paula Marroquin 206-934-4636 – Paula.A.Marroquin@seattlecolleges.edu
- Lareina Redwoman 206-934-4702 – Lareina.Redwoman@seattlecolleges.edu
- Raimi Yuen 206-934-4726 -- Raimi.Yuen@seattlecolleges.edu
- Brianne Sanchez 206-934-4703 – Brianne.Sanchez@seattlecolleges.edu
- Teresita Capuli – 206-934-6154 -- Teresita.Capuli@seattlecolleges.edu
- Emily Rodriguez – 206-934-6163 -- Emily.Rodriguez@seattlecolleges.edu
- Tim Albertson – 206-934-6127 -- Timothy.Albertson@seattlecolleges.edu
Equity and Welcome Center
- Christie Santos – 206-934-4723 -- Christie.Santos@seattlecolleges.edu
- Belinda Tillman – 206-934-4517 -- Belinda.Tillman@seattlecolleges.edu