Food and Nutrition
This page offers information about resources to help with food assistance, organized into the following sections:
North Seattle College Food Pantry with University District Food Bank
Drive-thru or walk-up food pantry for NSC students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Every Tuesday from 4pm-7pm, Located in the east entrance to the underground parking garage near the Opportunity Center.
Seattle and King County Emergency Food Resources Map
Interactive map, search engine, and comprehensive list of food resources (food banks, food pantries, meal programs, etc.) compiled by City of Seattle Human Services. This will provide current information about food banks and other resources nearest to you.
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Enrollment
Food benefits with extra monthly money to help buy groceries with an EBT card.
- Apply through a Benefits Hub coach and schedule an appointment at www.uwkc.org/benefitshub
- Apply through King County’s Community Health Access Program
- Dial 1-800-756-5437
- Community Health Access Program
- Or visit in-person Thursdays at Opportunity Center
- Apply on your own at washingtonconnection.org
WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Program
Supplemental nutrition and food program for low-income women who are pregnant, new mothers, or have children under five years of age. Can be combined with the SNAP program. Provide funding for nutritious foods including baby formula/food.