Program Learning Outcomes detail the knowledge, skills and abilities that you as a student will demonstrate upon successful completion of your program.
1. Students will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
2. Students will understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
3. Students will understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
4. Students will think critically about claims about behavior and mental processes, and recognize the difference between pseudoscience and peer-reviewed research.
5. Students will demonstrate an understanding that human and animal behavior may be examined and explained through different perspectives and different levels of explanation including: biological, learning, cognitive, evolutionary, psychoanalytic, and sociocultural.