- If you received a parking citation on North Seattle College property, you have the right to either pay or appeal the citation.
- Per WAC Per WAC 132-116-045 (7), appeals to reverse or reduce parking violation tickets shall be done in person or in writing with the parking enforcement office in accordance with WAC 132F-108-050.
- Per WAC 132F-108-050, this appeals process is defined as a ‘brief adjudicative procedure’ and will be conducted in person or in writing
- Primary appeal is through Transportation Coordinator at the Security Office College Center 1252; the acting hearing officer must not be the same officer who issued the citation
- The Transportation Coordinator will consider citation history and any mitigating factors; this consideration may result in a reduction of fine or a reduction of penalty
- A reduction to “warning” will occur if the acting hearing officer determines the infraction did occur but with explanation; reduction to warning does not equate to “voiding the citation.”
- A citation may be voided in the instance of officer error, special circumstance, or other reason the citation should not have been written
- If unsatisfied with outcome, 2nd level appeal is reviewed by Director (unless Director issued the citation)
- If the Transportation and Security Director issued the citation, the 2nd level appeal is conducted by the Associate Vice President of Administrative Services; otherwise, the Associate Vice President is the final level of appeal
To schedule an appeal, contact The Transportation Office at:
In Person: College Center 1252