The Financial Aid Team is here to help with any questions you may have on our forms or any step in the financial aid process. We are currently open for drop-in appointments on Tuesday between 10am – 2pm.
Need assistance outside of those hours or want to connect with us remotely? Check out the Student Services Virtual & On-Campus offerings.
Financial aid at North Seattle College is awarded for the academic year beginning with Fall Quarter and ending Summer Quarter. Students must apply for financial aid each academic year in which they plan to enroll in courses. Students are encouraged to submit their financial aid and admissions application at least one week prior to the deadline to ensure it is received and processed by the deadline date. If the deadline falls on the weekend or holiday, the Financial Aid Office will accept documents received before the close of business on the following working day.
Application Deadline Dates 2020-21 Academic Year
- Fall 2020: June 30, 2020
- Winter 2021: October 31, 2020
- Spring 2021: January 31, 2021
- Summer 2021: April 30, 2021 **
Application Deadline Dates 2021-22 Academic Year
- Fall 2021: August 31, 2021
- Winter 2022: November 30, 2021
- Spring 2022: February 28, 2022
- Summer 2022: May 31, 2022 **
** Summer quarter grant aid and summer quarter work-study requests requires an additional one-page supplemental application form available beginning the first week of spring quarter each year.
Students who do not meet the quarterly deadlines listed will have their financial aid application reviewed, however eligibility may not be determined until after the tuition payment deadline. Students should plan to pay for their tuition and fees or sign up for the deferred tuition payment plan prior to the start of the quarter.
To meet the deadline all students need to submit the following items:
- Completed FAFSA or WASFA for the each aid year. (Only one application is required per academic year.)
- Complete the North Seattle College Admissions process, including linking you Social Security Number or ITIN to your Student ID number. (Students who do not have a SSN or ITIN, should notify the Financial Aid Office of their SID after completing the application.)
- Complete and submit all verification paperwork as requested by the financial aid office and/or posted to your student financial aid portal.