Parking permits are required to park on campus
Parking permits may be purchased at the Cashier's office on the second floor of the College Center Building. To be valid, all permits must be correctly displayed: permit number and dates clearly visible, facing out from the rearview mirror or dashboard.
DSHS & Worksource Client Parking is located in the Southwest lot.
Visitor lots are reserved for prospective students and guests of the college. Visitors must purchase a current parking permit from the pay meter located in the South Visitor Lot near the N. 95th Street entrance. Permits must be displayed clearly, face-up on dashboards. Parking is limited to 2 hours in Visitor Lots. Current students and SCD employees must park in designated student and employee lots only. Current SCD permits from Seattle Central, South Seattle and SVI are valid in the general lots at North, but not in Visitor’s Lots.
All-day Parking Permits may be purchased for $6 and are available at one of 6 dispensers on campus for immediate use, (100th Street, North and South Visitor Lot, East lots and the South Lot) or purchased at the Cashier’s Office for use at a later time. All-day permits purchased at the cashier’s may be returned for a full refund if un-used by June 30 of the year of purchase. All-day parking permits are for use in any parking lot except Visitor Lots, Garage, DSHS/Worksource Lot, and the West (Carpool) Lot before 9:00 a.m.
The parking garage for employees requires an annual permit, annual reserved, staff/faculty quarterly permit, or a garage carpool permit between 6 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekdays after 5 pm, students may park in the garage with their current quarterly permit correctly displayed. The garage closes Monday through Thursday at 10:30 p.m. and at 6:00 p.m. on Fridays. The garage is closed all weekend.
Motorcycles and mopeds: Do not require a permit if parked in designated areas of the parking garage (southwest section of the College Center Building).
Seattle Traffic code and 15 mph speed limit apply everywhere on campus.
How to Display your Permit
- • North Seattle College students, faculty and staff and employees of the Opportunity Center: Hang parking permits from rear view mirror facing outward, or placed—visibly—face up on dashboard. If needed, secure permits on dash with tape or other adhesive to prevent misplacement. Permit number and current dates must be clearly visible. Vehicles should be locked to prevent theft and vandalism.
- • Students, faculty, staff and guests or clients with disabled placards/ license plates: a state-issued disability permit is required. Students displaying a disabled placard are allowed to park in these areas at these times: 1) anywhere in the Carpool (West) Lot at any time, if other disabled spaces are full; 2) in the garage at any time, but only in disabled or carpool spaces; 3) disabled spaces in the East lots located in front of the Wellness Center, Education Building, Opportunity Center for Employment & Education, and in front of the Childcare Center in the North Lot. Remember: permits must be clearly displayed.
Please Note: Violators of these regulations and those of the City of Seattle are subject to citations and impound.
- Chris McDivit
- Transportation Coordinator
- (206) 934-0060
- College Center, 1st floor Security Office
- Mailing Address
- Transportation Office
- North Seattle College
- 9600 College Way North 3NC1252
- Seattle, WA 98103-3599
- CC 1252