Money, Food & Housing
Food Distribution 2 Ways on Tuesdays:
North Seattle College Curbside Food Pantry with University District Food Bank:
- Drive-thru or walk up food pantry for NSC students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Tuesdays 4 to 7 pm
- Enter campus on N 95th St. Follow signs to food pantry (in parking garage at entrance from East parking lot, near Opportunity Center)
United Way of King County Door Dash Food Hub at NSC
- Weekly home delivery of a food box to students – every Tuesday
- Pre-registration required at this link: https://uwkc.socialsolutionsportal.com/apricot-intake/aa3fc530-8bf5-44a3-bb39-08118c4ffc5e
- Students are eligible for increased Basic Food (SNAP) benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Basic Food is extra money for groceries to help you put healthy food on the table. A family of 4 can receive over $600 a month for food! Learn more about this great resource and how to apply by visiting wafoodhelp.org or scheduling a Benefits Hub appointment.
- Find emergency food resources across Seattle using this online map managed by the City of Seattle Human Services.
- Food assistance is available through the Washington Connection program. Apply online on their website.
- If you are a Running Start student, or enrolled in Seattle Public Schools, there are free sack lunches available in our area. Find more info on their website.
- The City of Seattle is offering grocery vouchers to families currently enrolled in city-subsidized child care and food-assistance programs. Find more info on their website.
The Benefits Hub connects you with community resources!
Balancing work, life, and college isn’t easy. That’s why we’ve partnered with the United Way Benefits Hub program to help students navigate financial challenges and cover basic needs while in school. The Benefits Hub provides one-on-one coaching to assist students in the following areas:
- Emergency financial grants
- Help paying for groceries & access to food
- Financial coaching
- Housing assistance
- Utility bill assistance
- Paying for the bus
- Mental health & wellness referrals
- And more, including .... free tax preparation, financial aid application assistance, legal counsel referrals
We work with you to make sure that no matter what, you are able to stay in school and complete your program.
Our Coaches Are Here for You
Meet Mysonne Brown, Simone Shaw, and Elizabeth Trever – we are your Benefits Hub team. We are open throughout Summer 2022 for virtual appointments Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5PM.
Contact Us to Get Started
Make an appointment on our website!
Scroll down and select Schedule an Appointment, then choose North Seattle College and pick a 60-minute appointment that works for your schedule.
Join us for virtual drop-in hours on Thursdays 11AM-12PM!
For general or quick questions
- Call and speak to a coach: 206-649-8124, extension 4
- Email us: BenefitsHubNSC@seattlecolleges.edu
Financial Resources for Black Students - This list contains over 110 scholarships, internships and fellowships specifically for black students.
Financial Resources for Latinx Students - This list contains over 100 grants, financial awards and opportunities for Latin American students.
Financial Resources for Asian American and Pacific Islander Students - This list contains over 100 field-specific scholarships, internships, and community programs for AAPI students.
Financial Resources for Native American Students - This list contains over 100 internships, scholarships, and grants from advocacy groups.
Need a laptop?
North has excellent technology services for students:
- Check out our Technology Loan Program
- Click here to borrow a computer and/or other technology, incl. Chromebooks.
- IT help, computer labs, access to software, and help with your college email can be found here.
- If you have trouble logging in, please click here to reset your Campus login (EAD).
- Please reach out to Terre O’Malley at email@example.com if you need support in creating a Canvas account.
Need a part-time job?
Want to earn money while adding valuable experience to your resume?
Want to get a head-start on networking and learn about the day-to-day work in your career?
Check out these opportunities:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about student jobs in the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion