Money, Food & Housing
Campus Food Distribution on Tuesdays
Curbside Food Pantry with the University District Food Bank
- Drive-thru or walk-up food pantry for North Seattle students, faculty, staff, and community members
- Milk, eggs/protein, fruits, vegetables, snacks, and more are typically available
- Tuesdays from 4:00 to 7:00pm
- Enter campus on N 95th St and follow signs to the parking garage entrance from the East parking lot
Benefits Hub DoorDash Grocery Delivery
- Weekly home delivery of groceries via DoorDash – every Tuesday afternoon
- Students must be registered for a minimum of 3 credits each quarter and unable to access the on-campus Food Pantry on Tuesdays
- To sign up for deliveries, please complete this registration form once per quarter!
- The priority deadline to sign up and receive deliveries on the first Tuesday of the quarter is 11:59pm on:
- Tuesday, March 28th for Spring 2023
- Tuesday, June 20th for Summer 2023
- Tuesday, September 19th for Autumn 2023
- Registration remains open throughout the quarter but there is a 1-2 week processing period before deliveries begin
- Email BenefitsHubNSC@seattlecolleges.edu with any questions or changes
- Students may be eligible for Basic Food (SNAP) benefits which provide money for groceries via an EBT card. Learn more about this great resource and how to apply by visiting wafoodhelp.org or scheduling a Benefits Hub appointment.
- Find emergency food resources across King County and Seattle using this online tool from the City of Seattle.
- If you are a Running Start student, enrolled in Seattle Public Schools, there may be free or reduced-price breakfast and lunches for students. See their website for more information.
- Further resources for food assistance are available through the Washington Connection website.
The Benefits Hub connects you with community resources!
Balancing work, life, and college isn’t easy. That’s why we’ve partnered with the United Way Benefits Hub program to help students navigate financial challenges and find resources for basic needs while in school. The Benefits Hub provides one-on-one coaching to assist students in the following areas:
- Applying for Emergency financial grants
- Access to groceries & SNAP enrollment
- Navigating housing assistance programs
- Enrolling in Utility bill discount programs
- Applying for transportation discounts (ORCA Lift)
- Financial coaching
- Mental health & wellness referrals
- And more, including .... free tax preparation, healthcare navigation, financial aid application assistance, and legal counsel referrals
We work with you to find resources so you can stay in school, complete your program, and reach your goals!
Our Coaches Are Here for You
The Benefits Hub coaches for the 2022-23 academic year are Elizabeth Trever and Nancy Mendoza Ruiz!
Make a virtual appointment on our website!
Scroll down and select Schedule an Appointment, then choose North Seattle College and pick a 60-minute appointment that works for your schedule.
We also are offering drop-in hours during the week for quick questions or concerns.
Virtual drop-in hours:
Wednesdays 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Have a General Question?
- Email us: BenefitsHubNSC@seattlecolleges.edu
- Call and speak to a coach: 206-649-8124, extension 4
- We are located at 2354CC on the 2nd floor of the College Center building
Financial Resources for Black Students - This list contains over 110 scholarships, internships and fellowships specifically for black students.
Financial Resources for Latinx Students - This list contains over 100 grants, financial awards and opportunities for Latin American students.
Financial Resources for Asian American and Pacific Islander Students - This list contains over 100 field-specific scholarships, internships, and community programs for AAPI students.
Financial Resources for Native American Students - This list contains over 100 internships, scholarships, and grants from advocacy groups.
Need a laptop?
North has excellent technology services for students:
- Check out our Technology Loan Program
- Click here to borrow a computer and/or other technology, incl. Chromebooks.
- IT help, computer labs, access to software, and help with your college email can be found here.
- If you have trouble logging in, please click here to reset your Campus login (EAD).
- Please reach out to Terre O’Malley at email@example.com if you need support in creating a Canvas account.
Need a part-time job?
Want to earn money while adding valuable experience to your resume?
Want to get a head-start on networking and learn about the day-to-day work in your career?
Check out these opportunities:
- Fin Aid work study positions on campus
- Paid internships at the City of Seattle
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about student jobs in the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion