Sign Language Interpreting
Students must request ASL accommodations by submitting the online form below.
Interpreting and transcribing services require a 4-week notice your courses. Less notice may mean services will not be available when requested.
Interpreting/transcribing services may be requested for any college activity or function. Inform DS Office of event and allow a minimum of 5 days for services to be set in place. Less notice may mean an interpreter or transcriber will not be available.
- Notify the DS Office of any schedule changes.
- Inform the DS office and your interpreters or transcribers if you will be absent from class.
- If you are late for class, interpreters/transcribers will wait 20 minutes for classes less than 1 ½ hours long and 30 minutes for classes over 1 ½ hours. NOTE: Repeated “no-shows” may result in a suspension of interpreting and/or transcribing services. To reinstate services, you must schedule a meeting with the Director of DS.
- Inform the DS Office of any problems with provided services.
- If you are unable to attend class, inform DS immediately so communication access services can be canceled for that class.