If you received a SEAP letter acknowledging you may be eligible to participate in the Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEAP) while receiving your regular unemployment insurance benefits, the Employment Security Department recognized you as a good candidate to start your own business.
North Seattle College Entrepreneurship Certificate is an approved SEAP provider through Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD). Being the only community college in the state to offer a one of a kind Entrepreneurship Certificate program along with business counseling, coaching, technical support and resources for individuals, North Seattle College provides extensive wrap around education and assistance for individuals starting their own business. Our Entrepreneurship instructor utilizes his consulting experience to help students be successful in their new business ventures. The instructor brings our college and students over 30 years’ experience in labor-market relations.
North offers two certificates, a 43 credits Entrepreneurship Certificate and a 13 credit Entrepreneurship Foundation Certificate. Depending on the offering of the classes and time commitment of the students, the longer certificate can be started any quarter and will take up to 3 quarters/9 months. The shorter certificate is offered fall quarter and will take 1 quarter/3 months. The entrepreneurship classes are unique in that it introduces the student to entrepreneurship, product/service selection, pricing and marketing and planning business financials.
The SEAP program does not pay for tuition or books. North Seattle College offers some tuition assistance help for these two certificates through the Worker Retraining program. The Worker Retraining program is a Workforce Education program that provides tuition assistance for individuals who are receiving Unemployment Insurance Benefits or have exhausted their UI Benefits within the last four years. You can apply for the Worker Retraining Tuition Assistance program by registering for and attending a START NEXT QUARTER workshop.
- 1. Register for a Start Next Quarter workshop. Click button above to register.
- 2. Attend the Start Next Quarter workshop. Location, date and time will be emailed to you upon registration.
- 3. Complete the SEAP Application form. SEAP APPLICATION FORM
- 4. Schedule appointment with Worker Retraining Specialist to review, sign and fax SEAP application to Employment Security. Call (206) 934-3787 for appointment. You will continue to complete your weekly job search requirements until you are approved for SEAP.
- Telephone: (206) 934-3787
- Fax: (206) 934-0175
- View Office Hours
- Department Office:
- Opportunity Center for Employment & Education, Room 240
- Mailing Address:
- Workforce Education
- North Seattle College
- 9600 College Way North
- Seattle, WA 98103-3599
- OC0240A (OCEE Building, on the second floor.)