TheWashBoard.org is a free web-based tool for Washington students seeking college scholarships. Unlike other search engines, theWashBoard.org is a scholarship clearinghouse that is free of advertising and spam. TheWashBoard.org protects your personal information and makes scholarship searching simpler. In one stop, you can search and apply for verified scholarship opportunities specific to your academic interests, college, university or other criteria.
Check out their helpful videos!
There are numerous other scholarship search engines on the internet that can help you find scholarships from all over the country. This method can be more time consuming initially, but it will help you locate many more possibilities.
Most of the scholarship search engines will ask you to set up a profile or account with them. They will then e-mail you news of new scholarship opportunities that fit your profile, as they are available. There should be no cost to set up these accounts or profiles. If there are costs, be suspicious of a scholarship scam.
You should also consider setting up a separate e-mail account just for scholarships, since your e-mail address will mostly likely be sold to numerous marketing firms. This will help keep your real e-mail account free from unwanted spam. Free e-mail accounts can be obtained from Google, Yahoo!, MSN Hotmail, HushMail and others.
There are many websites available for students who are searching for scholarships. Students may find the following list of sites useful. However, North Seattle College neither endorses nor accepts responsibility for the content of the sites.
- Accounting Degree Scholarships
- College Board
- College Success Foundation
- College Funds
- College Scholarships
- College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees
- Discover Nursing
- Education Planner
- Gates Millennium Scholarships
- International Students
- Medical Assisting Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- RN-to-BSN Financial Assistance
- Sallie Mae
- Sallie Mae College Answer
- Scholarships & Grants
- Seattle Milk Fund
- The Scholarship Guide for Single Parents
- Tuition Funding Sources
- Washington Women in Need
- Weekly Scholarship Alert Service
- American Indian College Fund
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Student Scholarship
- Best Colleges Hispanic and Latino Scholarships
- Education is Freedom
- Hispanic College Fund
- National Council of Jewish Women
- Organization of Chinese Americans
- Students of Color Scholarship Opportunities
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- United Negro College Fund
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students