1. Upon certificate completion student will meet the Washington State CPA Board's accounting educational requirements.
2. Students will demonstrate an ability to organize their workload to meet academic deadlines and thereby develop professional skills.
3. Students will be able to identify and appraise situations in professional accounting where applications of ethical judgments are required.
4. Students will be able to apply FASB and GAAS pronouncements to resolve professional accounting issues.
|course(ACCT251)*||Intermediate Accounting I (see note 1)||5|
|course(ACCT252)*||Intermediate Accounting II (see note 2)||5|
|course(ACCT256)*||Taxation of Corporations, Partnerships, Estates and Trusts (see note 3)||5|
|course(ACCT261)*||Accounting Information Systems (see note 4)||5|
|course(ACCT265)*||Accounting for Not-for-Profits & Governmental Entities (see note 5)||5|
|course(ACCT270)*||Cost Accounting (see note 6)||5|
|course(ACCT271)*||Ethics in Accounting (see note 7)||5|
|course(ACCT275)*||Auditing (see note 8)||5|
- Must have ACCT&202 or instructor permission.
- Must have ACCT&202 or ACCT 251 or instructor permission.
- Must have ACCT&202 and ACCT 255 or instructor permission.
- Must have ACCT 110 or ACCT&201
- Must have ACCT&201 and ACCT&202 or permission.
- Must have ACCT&203 or permission.
- Must have ACCT 202.
- Must have ACCT 252 or permission.
This program of study is outlined by quarter, and courses should be taken in the indicated sequence. However, it should not be concluded that students will always proceed through their program of study exactly as prescribed here. The number of quarters listed here is minimal. Not all courses are offered every quarter. Individual student experiences, educational and training background, and personal schedules and demands all may affect the time it takes to finish this program. Also, in general, summer quarter is not considered one of the full-time quarters in the program.
1st Quarter ACCT 251 ACCT 256
2nd Quarter ACCT 252 ACCT 270
3rd Quarter ACCT 261 ACCT 275
4th Quarter ACCT 265 ACCT 271
What skills do I need to be successful in this field?
What are some potential job titles?
- • Accountant
- • CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- • Financial Reporting Accountant
Wages, employment trends and pathways
NSC Advising Office
Joseph (Joe) Smith