Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2021 cohort. Submit your application by March 15, 2021 to receive priority consideration. We will continue to review applications after March 15, 2021 if there are still open program spaces. Apply online before all spots are filled.
Requirements for Admissions
An AAS-T (Associate of Applied Science – Transfer) Business, Accounting and/or Real Estate offer the best preparation for the AIA B.A.S. degree. However, any two-year degree or 75+ college credits earned with a 2.0 or better GPA, is sufficient. The Associate of Business DTA degree is also a direct pathway into the International Business B.A.S. degree
If you have completed most, but not all, of the prerequisites, you can still explore starting the program this fall. Consideration may be given to applicants who have the majority of their prerequisites completed. Contact the B.A.S. program advisor to see if you are eligible to apply.
There are just 30 spaces available in the AIA B.A.S. program each year. North expects that the number of qualified applicants will exceed the number of available enrollment spaces, so please apply early.
How to Apply
The online application will be available beginning in January for the upcoming fall quarter. Applications submitted by March 15 for the upcoming fall quarter will receive priority consideration. Additional deadlines will be provided if spaces are still available in the program. If you have questions about the application or application deadline, please contact the B.A.S. program at (206) 934-7794, or email BAS-Info@seattlecolleges.edu.
Program Start Date
Each year a new cohort, (a group of students progressing through the program together) will begin the program in fall the fall quarter.
- Completion of an associate’s degree or 75+ college credits with a 2.0 GPA or better
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses:
- BUS& 201 Business Law
- BUS 210 Business and Economic Statistics or MATH 146 Introduction to Statistics
- ACCT& 201 & ACCT& 202 Principles of Accounting I & II
- ACCT&203 Principles of Accounting III
- ENGL&101 English Composition I
- Apply to the College and receive a student identification number (SID).
- Complete and submit an application for the AIA B.A.S. program which includes:
- Reviewing and updating applicant information pages.
- Submitting a résumé containing work experience and skills relevant to the degree.
- Submitting a personal statement of why you are interested in the degree and what you expect to do in the field. (See application for specific personal statement prompt)
- Submitting unofficial transcripts from all past and present colleges and universities attended.
Financial aid is available for eligible students. Students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all required documents to the Financial Aid Office. Application information is available online.
International Students Welcome
International students should contact the International Programs Office prior to applying to the Accounting with International Accounting B.A.S. degree. You may contact the International Program Office at (206) 934-3672 or visit their Web site for more information.
Washington State Employee Tuition Waiver
The Accounting with International Accounting B.A.S. degree allows qualifying Washington state employees to use the State Employee Tuition Waiver in the AIA B.A.S. program. Students wishing to use the State Employee Tuition Waiver must still apply to the program and meet all the prerequisite requirements. Full details regarding the policy and the special application process can be found here.