- • To proactively build and sustain community with a flexible, collaborative campus wide team: receptive to communication about behaviors and situations signaling student distress or campus disruption and responsive to initiating appropriate campus and community referral.
- • To help and support students via educational rather than punitive means, according to established protocols and transparent procedures while protecting the privacy and rights of individuals
- • To provide consultation, referral and support to employees.
- • To discuss observed and reported trends in behaviors and situations and plan preventive actions
- • To provide awareness of resources as we work together to promote student and community success
- • To review and evolve CARE team functions and protocols while identifying and refining best practices.
CARE Team Members
Mari Acob-Nash, Dean of Student Life and Student Advocate
Alissa Agnello, Dean – Math and Science Division
Toni Castro, Interim Vice President – Student Services and NSC Student Conduct Officer
Jenny Mao, Counselor – Counseling Department
Josef Mogharreban, Director – Disability Services
Brianne Sanchez, Director – Financial Aid and Veteran Services and Student Formal Complaints Officer
Jeffrey Young, Director – Safety and Security
Our utmost appreciation to Green River Community College’s and Seattle Central’s Behavioral Intervention Teams for sharing the information contained in North Seattle College's CARE Team web pages.