What is the CARE Team?
CARE (Communication, Awareness, Referral, Education) Team is a group of individuals from our college community that convene to review student behavioral incident reports. This group then sets out recommendations to provide for faculty and staff. Functions of this group are as follows:
Receive reports of concerning and/or disruptive behaviors.
Determine intervention and response.
Deploy its resources, and community partnerships, and coordinates follow-up.
Make recommendations, without dictating the actions of individual departments/employees.
In life threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1. For how to handle behaviors or situations of concern, review this document for guidance: Report Concerns: What To Do and When.
Promoting a safe campus involves us all. Be vigilant and report distressing behavior immediately:
- If you observe specific student behavior that can be perceived as possibly threatening to self or others, you should fill out a Incident Reporting Form
- Reports filed through this form are received through the system and reviewed by NSC CARE Team at their next weekly meeting scheduled every Tuesday. Reports are routed to appropriate staff and offices when applicable.
- Confidentiality of reports and processes is maintained as needed.
In life threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1. On how to handle behaviors or situations of concern, click here for guidance Report Concerns: What To Do and When.
Submit a Incident Reporting Form to report any behavior that causes you concern or may make others feel unsafe. We encourage you to reach out to a CARE Team member, if you are unsure whether to report the behavior of concern or just want to inform so we can monitor patterns of behavior.
If you report a behavior/situation of concern, please be prepared to share:
- Your contact information
- Name/any known information about the student you are referring
- Summary of the observed behavior/situation or concern, including when and where it occurred.
- Any attempts to intervene, manage, or address the behavior
- Other information you believe may be important
After reviewing a Incident Reporting Form at their next weekly meeting scheduled every Tuesday, reports are routed to appropriate staff and offices when applicable. A member of the CARE Team will contact the reporting party in a timely manner to offer support and resources to either the individual who reports the concern, the student of concern, or both.