- • Report to work on time.
- • Notify your employer if you are going to be late or absent.
- • Follow your employer’s rules and regulations.
- • Do not do homework while you are scheduled to work.
- • Adhere to the employer’s dress code.
- • Discuss any problems and concerns with your supervisor immediately. If the problem is not resolved, notify the work study coordinator.
- • Report hours worked accurately and keep track of your hours worked to avoid over-earning your allocation.
- • Maintain confidentiality. On-campus work study students are employees of NSC and must adhere to the conditions of the 1974 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) when working with student information.
- • Abide by the rules of Seattle Community Colleges student conduct policy, at http://www.seattlecolleges.edu/studentrules.aspx
Here is a general summary of FERPA rules:
- • Parents or eligible students have the right to inspect and review the student's education records maintained by the school.
- • Parents or eligible students have the right to request that a school correct records which they believe to be inaccurate or misleading.
- • Generally, schools must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record.
For more information on FERPA go to http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
- • Comply with state and federal work study regulations as prescribed in the employer contract.
- • Provide adequate supervision and training.
- • Pay students for all hours worked and keep accurate records of earnings. Students need to be paid at least once a month.
- • Pay employer taxes as required by law.
- • Provide opportunities for growth and learning.
- • Provide a safe and positive work environment.