Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes detail the knowledge, skills and abilities that you as a student will demonstrate upon successful completion of your program.
Emergency Medical Technician
At the student’s successful completion of this course, he or she will be eligible to be state licensed as an EMT when he/she meets the state requirement of employment. Others will obtain a letter of completion as an EMT.
1. Overall roles and responsibilities of the EMT in performing both emergency medical care and operational aspects of the job.
2. Develop skills in patient evaluation and all emergency treatment procedures short of those rendered by physicians.
3. Meet minimum standards of state law and local county codes.
4. Develop student skill in the use and maintenance of all equipment and instruments required to accomplish his/her job as an EMT.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of sudden illness or injury; and of the mechanics of injury for patient evaluation.