Veteran's Quick Start Guide

  • Visit the Dept. of Veterans Affairs website at for info on VA Education Benefits.
  • Complete your online benefits application at VONAPP the Veterans Online Application website. Paper applications can be sent to Regional VA Office using Form 22-1990.
  • For assistance completing your application, call 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) to speak with an Education Case Manager.
  • Certificate of Eligibility typically takes 4-6 weeks to receive after applications have been received.

Complete an online application at:

You can also apply for admission on campus at the Admissions and Registration counters located on the second floor of the College Center Building.

You will need to apply for admissions so you can get a Student ID number. Take the COMPASS placement test to determine appropriate placement into Math and English Courses, you can view testing calendar and schedule testing hours at:

• Visit the Financial Aid Website at: for additional information.

• Complete the free FAFSA form Online at: It is advised that you have your tax documents and income information available.

  • Have all official transcripts (military and college/university) from institutions you have previously attended sent to:
    NSC Records and Transcripts
    9600 College Way North
    Seattle, WA
  • Your military transcripts can be ordered from the Joint Service Transcript link:
  • Visit the Veterans Services Office located at CC2261G
  • Bring with you DD 214, Certificate of Eligibility, and Student ID number.
  • NOTE: This orientation is mandatory
  • Following orientation you will be given the Academic Advisor Form. This form will need to be filled out and signed every quarter and turned back into the Veterans Service Office.
  • In your initial advising session, you will discuss your education and career goals. Complete a planning sheet to guide you in registering your classes every quarter for the degree/transfer program you choose.
  • You must have an Education Plan completed with advising by your second quarter. Ask your advisor about the dates to attend an Education Plan orientation or make an appointment with advising to set up an Education Plan. (Once your Education Plan is in place, you may self-advise and turn your advisory form into our office without an advisors signature)
  • Your advisory form must be submitted to the Veterans Services office 30 days before the start of the quarter.