START New Student Orientation is required for students planning to complete a college transfer degree or a career training degree and/or certificate who have not previously attended college. Students who have previously attended college are welcome to attend, but not required.
Exceptions to START New Student Orientation
Students in the programs below have their own orientations and should contact their department for more information by clicking the link:
- • ABE/GED
- • ESL
- • International Programs
- • Workforce Education
- • Running Start
- • Seattle Promise
- • Bachelor of Applied Science Degrees
At START New Student Orientation you will:
- • Meet with Advisors to register for classes
- • Explore degrees, programs, and resources
- • Connect with financial aid
- • Learn how to navigate MyNorth
- • Go on a campus tour (limited dates)
Prepare for Orientation
To complete the advising and registration portion of orientation, bring your:
- • Student ID Number (SID)
- • Placement Test Scores (You have options! Bring your test scores from NSC or another college, transcripts from another college, High School transcript, SAT, ACT, AP, IB, SBAC, IELTS, or TOEFL scores.)*
- • Unofficial College Transcripts (if applicable)
*Test scores and/or previous math courses being used for Math placement must be from within the last year. For information on English, please go to English Placement; previous college-level English classes do not expire for credit.
If you are unable to attend an orientation on campus, you may complete the START Orientation online
Orientation Schedule — 2.5 hours
1. Campus Tour (limited dates – see below) – 30 minutes
2. Learn about funding options, programs and degrees, campus resources, and additional college information – 1 hour
3. Academic advising and class registration – 1 hour
Questions about START orientation?
Contact Jillian Fisher at email@example.com
Upcoming Orientation Sessions
All sessions held in room HS1637A (Health Sciences and Student Resources building).
To register for orientation, select a session from the list below.
- 1. Thurs, July 25, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 2. Thurs, Aug. 1, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 3. Thurs, Aug. 8, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 4. Thurs, Aug. 15, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.— No Campus Tour
- 5. Thurs, Aug. 22, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 6. Thurs, Aug. 29, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 7. Thurs, Sept. 5, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 8. Thurs, Sept. 12, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- 9. Thurs, Sept. 19, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.— No Campus Tour