North Seattle College’s Computer Science B.S. Degree program is designed to build skills and credentials to prepare students for software engineering and data analyst roles, which continue to be high-demand, with higher-than-average compensation to match.
Entrants into the field should expect that an in-progress Computer Science (CS) degree is a requirement for most internships and a completed degree is a requirement for entry-level jobs. Current job opportunities far exceed the available students from CS degrees, meaning interest in our students for these positions is quite strong.
Our CS program employs a full-time Technical Employment Program Manager to help students navigate the complexities of the internship and job application process, and works with the campus Career Services specialist to provide even more help.
We’ve built extensive Employment-related support into our program, including:
- 1-on-1 assistance with setting, reviewing, and executing on employment goals
- Workshops and practice sessions for resumes, online profiles, networking, interview skills, negotiations, and more
- Company Information sessions, career fairs, company visits, external hiring events, and both networking and technical Meetups
- Direct referrals for jobs and internships from industry contacts, alumni, and advisory board members
- Work-based learning courses to build out project portfolios (Internships, Capstone Projects Practicums, and more)
CS students and graduates can expect opportunities for a variety of roles, including:
- Software Development Engineer (SDE)
- Software Engineer
- Computer Scientist
- Software Developer
- Full-Stack Developer
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Technical Program Manager (TPM)
- Database Administrator (DBA)
- Data Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- ... and others
Wages for the above titles vary by region, experience level, responsibilities, employer field, size of business, and other compensation.
- Intern: $28-49 per hour
- Entry-Level: $85,000-131,000 per year
- 1-3 Years Experience: $100-152,000 per year
- 3+ Years Experience: $134-220,000 per year
Note that these numbers can go much higher with job title changes, such as Software Engineer II jobs, Lead titles, or Management roles.
Our technical Bachelor’s programs have alumni at over 150 different companies around the globe, including major technology companies, new startups, non-profits, international corporations, educational organizations, government agencies and more.
North’s Computer Science program has active engagement with industry partners, including recruiters and engineers at Amazon, Slalom, Microsoft, Expedia, Google, Avanade, Disney, Expeditors, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Philips, Premera, Salesforce, T-Mobile, and more.