North Seattle has a new Remote Math placement test and a new Remote Directed Self Placement English test. Thank you for your patience while we worked to get this up and running.
The placement test fee is $35 for a combined test fee.
The exams are taken through the North Seattle Canvas.
To take the Remote placement exams, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- SID number
- The exam(s) you intend to take
Once we receive your request, we will manually add the fee to your account. It can take a few hours for the exams to populate into your Canvas.
You may pay this fee via our online payment portal.
After the exams populate in your Canvas, you may take them anytime. After you are finished taking the exams and have made your payment, please email us indicating this.
We will verify your scores and payment and manually add your scores to your account. Please allow up to 2 business days for this to take place.
After your scores have been entered into your account, you will be able to register for the classes relative to your placement.
Math placement test results are good for one year.
English placement test scores do not expire.
Most students who are entering degree, certificate or college transfer programs at North Seattle College are required to take English and math placement tests.
Testing is also required for all other students who wish to enroll in English or math courses that list placement test scores as a prerequisite. (Check the online schedule for the listing of classes and their prerequisites.)
If you have placement test scores or coursework from other colleges, you may not need to test. Bring your placement test scores or college transcript with you when you attend a new student orientation or meet with an advisor. You may also check with the Testing Center about eligibility of external scores or past placement tests taken at North.
- The Testing Center provides testing for English and math placement, CASAS (ESL and ABE) and GED.
- TEAS Test: Visit the TEAS TEST page for test instructions
- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is an English language proficiency test accepted by a number of governments, professional organizations, universities, colleges, and employers as proof of English language proficiency. https://www.celpip.ca/centre/north-seattle-college
Please see the appropriate sections (at left) for details pertaining to the above tests.
- North is a Pearson VUE and Certiport (Microsoft Office Specialist exams) Certified Testing Center.
- North now provides the TOEFL test for international students. These are the dates for upcoming tests:
- Saturday, May 16, 2020
- Saturday, June 13, 2020
See the Testing Calendar for available dates and times for English and math placement tests, CASAS (ESL and ABE). GED exams are to be scheduled at GED.com
All testing procedures require a valid Photo ID to be presented before you may test.
Please bring a quarter (25 cent coin) for the locker which will be returned to you at the end of your exam.
Learn more about What to Bring, How Much Time to Allow on Day of Test and Parking.