During the NSC campus closure due to COVID-19, and until the campus reopens, the Testing Office will not be administering any in-person tests. Remote placement testing is currently available. Please refer to the information below for more details.
Placement into Math or English is assessed in multiple ways. In some situations, recent college or high school transcripts, AP or SAT scores may be used- go here for more information.
ENGLISH PLACEMENT STEPS
- Register for the Directed Self-Placement Survey (DSP) by emailing Testing Office staff at NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu and request to be added to the English DSP test.
- Include your first/last name and SID.
- A $35 fee must be paid prior to taking the survey and for your score to be recorded. Pay through your MyNorth - login with your SID and PIN (6-digit birthday mm/dd/yy).
- The DSP survey link is provided with 24 hours of payment
- Once you completed the survey, email Testing with your score
- Please provide your first/last name, SID and score
- Your score will be recorded so that your Advisor et al can view it.
TO ENROLL INTO AN ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) CLASS first you must fill out the application form here.
MATH PLACEMENT STEPS
- The math placement assessment is currently being conducted by Seattle Central College via the ALEKS website.
- Click here to obtain the math placement instructions.
- Send your completed test scores to NSCTesting@seattlecolleges.edu.
- If you did not obtain a copy of your test scores, please notify the Testing Office staff via email and we will look up your test results.
Remote Hours of Operation:
MATH PLACEMENT ALEKS is available 24/7
DSP is available Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Closed Sat and Sunday