TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO-Student Success Services (SSS) is a federally funded program via the Department of Education and exists to increase the academic success of first-generation & low-income students, and students with a disability. We provide a variety of services that promote student’s personal, academic, and professional goals at North Seattle College and beyond.
Discuss your academic, personal, and professional goals with our staff and develop plans for success.
Prepare you for a successful transfer to a 4-year school, including application assistance, personal statements reviews, and college visits.
Create meaningful connections with your fellow TRiO scholars to create a welcoming and inclusive community.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Assistance
Assist with your FAFSA application and connect you to various scholarship opportunities.
Faculty & Peer Mentoring
Get paired with a faculty member and/or a more experienced TRiO student to receive advice on how to succeed at North.
Receive tutoring from any of our eight tutors. Subjects include Math, English, Chemistry, Biology, Business/Accounting, and Information Technology.
A variety of workshops offered every quarter that cover scholarship opportunities, campus and community resources, college admissions, and more.
How Do I Join?
To be eligible for TRiO, you must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Admitted and enrolled, or eligible to be enrolled, at North Seattle College in the current or next quarter
- In need of academic support
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- None of your parents and/or legal guardians earned a bachelor’s degree
- meet low-income qualifications based on Federal Income Guidelines
- have a documented disability. For more information, please visit the Disability Services website.
If you are interested in joining TRiO, please submit an application here and we will get in touch with you soon.