- Students will meet the perquisite requirements for entrance into the Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Application Development
- Students will apply scientific or technical knowledge in order to understand issues, solve problems, and engage in useful and responsible practices in computer programming
- Troubleshoot hardware & network problems
- Install and configure software & upgrades
- Install, configure & test network devices, servers & workstations
- Function effectively as a member of a team
- MATH098 (Intermediate Algebra)
- Placement into ENGL&101
|Course Number||General Education/Related Instruction||Credit Hours|
|ENGL&101*||English Composition I||5|
|MATH&146*||Intro to Statistics||5|
|HUM105 or SOC101||Intercultural Communication or Intro to Sociology||5|
|US Cultures or Global Studies||See Elective Groups below||5|
|Natural World Lab Science||See Elective Groups below||5|
|Course Number||Degree Requirements (61 credits)||Credit Hours|
|CSC110*||Introduction to Computer Programming||5|
|CSC111 *or BUS169||
Computers for Math and Science or Using Computers in Business 1
|CSC142*||Computer Programming 1||5|
|IT109||ITIL Foundation Certification Preparation||1|
|IT111||Internet and Web authoring||5|
|IT122*||Network Operating Systems 1||5|
|IT125||Structured Query Language & SQL Server||5|
|IT126*||Network Operating Systems 3||5|
|IT135||UNIX Operating System||5|
|IT138*||UNIX for Network Administration||5|
|IT142*||Network Management Cisco 1||5|
|IT144*||Network Management Cisco 2||5|
|Technical Elective||See Elective Groups below||5|
- 1st quarter: ENGL&101, CSC111 or BUS169, MATH&141
- 2nd quarter: IT135, IT122, MATH&146
- 3rd quarter: IT138, IT142, CSC110
- 4th quarter: IT144, CSC142, IT111
- 5th quarter: Natural World lab science elective, IT125, IT102 or CSC143 or IT146
- 6th quarter: IT126, US Cultures or Global Studies elective, HUM105 or SOC101, IT109
Technical ElectivesThis requirement may be fulfilled from the following list of approved courses.
Global StudiesThese courses are currently approved to fulfill the Global Studies requirement of the AA degree. Please check with your advisor for recommendations and special conditions that may apply.
US CulturesThese courses are currently approved to fulfill US Cultures requirement of the AA degree. Please check with your advisor for recommendations and special conditions that may apply.
Natural World Lab ScienceThese courses are currently approved to fulfill the Natural World Lab Science elective requirement of this degree. Please check with your advisor for recommendations and special conditions that may apply.
What Skills do I need to be successful in this field?
What are some potential job titles?
- Network Technician, Network Support Technician, System Support Technician, Technical Support Technician, Datacenter Technician, Helpdesk Specialist, Application Programmer, UNIX Programmer
Wages, employment trends and pathways
Robert Bunge (206) 934-4530
NSC Advising Office
Effective beginning: Fall 2014
Programming & IT Network Support AAS-T
515 / 11.0201