1098T IRS Tuition Statement & Lifetime Learning Tax Credits
If you are a student at the Seattle Colleges and have paid "qualified tuition and fees" last year, your family may be eligible for tax credits.
- • Get your current tax credit documentation
- • Download the IRS form 8863 in PDF format.
- • Get Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF.
- • Learn more about the tax credit (American Opportunity Credit, formerly Hope Scholarship).
To comply with federal laws, we are required to ask for your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). We will use your SSN/ITIN to report the American Opportunity Credit (formerly Hope Scholarship/Life Time tax credit), to administer state/federal financial aid, to verify enrollment, degree and academic transcript records, and to conduct institutional research. North Seattle’s Tax ID number is 91-0826872.
If you do not submit your SSN/ITIN, you will not be denied access to the College. However, you may be subject to civil penalties (refer to Internal Revenue Service Treasury Regulation 1.6050S-1(e)(4) for more information).
Pursuant to state law (RCW 28B.10.042) and federal law (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), the College will protect your SSN from unauthorized use and/or disclosure.
- NSC Cashier's Office:
- (206) 934-3627
- M, W, TH, F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.