Child Care Aware of Washington is a non-profit agency dedicated to ensuring that every child in Washington has access to high-quality child care and early learning programs. As a statewide organization we influence child care and early learning policies while also delivering the means to make a positive difference for all children, including those furthest from opportunity.
To support families and caregivers, shape policy, and build communities that promote the learning and development of children and youth throughoutWashingtonState through a strong statewide network of local child care resource and referral programs.
Our vision is that:
- Children receive quality care;
- All parents have access to affordable, quality child care for all children;
- Child care providers are professionals who are well trained and earn a living-wage;
- Child care providers receive the support of parents, employers and the local community in order to provide consistent, high quality and developmentally appropriate care for children;
- Local communities address needs for child care by involving child care resource & referrals, parents, child care providers, employers, local and state agencies and private organizations providing services to families.
Eligibility requirements are different for the various scholarships available. Please check each individual scholarship for its eligibility requirements.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Fall -------- August 15
Winter ----- November 15
Spring ----- February 15
Summer ----April 15
Submit an application online. Do not fax, email or mail an application.