Degrees & Certificates
Expand career opportunities and build on two-year technical degrees with BAS programs that emphasize hands-on learning, typically focused on a particular industry.
- Credits to complete: 180.0
- Estimated program length in quarters: Full Time - 6 | Part Time - 9
Applications for our Fall 2022 will be accepted beginning January 1 with a March 15, 2022 priority review date (reviewed on a monthly basis after, until all spots are filled). Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have met one of the criteria below, as you may be eligible to apply for early admission into the program.
The International Business Bachelor of Applied Science (IB B.A.S.) program prepares students for a career in a wide range of business and international business fields. It is a multi-disciplinary curriculum, combining business, accounting, marketing, operations, and project management courses. Our focused curriculum ensures students are prepared for career opportunities upon graduation.
Graduates of this program move into careers in logistics, operations, purchasing, import/export, marketing, human resources, banking and finance, and many other business professions.
What makes B.A.S. degrees different from B.A. or B.S. degrees?
B.A.S. degrees focus on providing hands-on experiences and incorporating job-related skills into the classroom, whereas B.A. or B.S. degrees may have a more theoretical focus. Our International Business B.A.S. (IB B.A.S.) degree focuses on group projects in almost every class. The IB B.A.S. degree also works with industry partners to bring real projects into the classroom and frequently incorporates local industry leaders as guest speakers.
- Small class size – average class size of 25-30 students
- Two class schedule options designed for working professionals
- Evening classes –students attend class ONLY two nights per week
- 100% online – all International Business classes are fully online
- Internship experience that can lead to job offers
- International Partnerships with Australia and Malaysia – students work with real businesses on real projects and work with students from Australia and Malaysia over skype/google hangout or other communication methods to collaborate on the project objectives
- Travel scholarships are available to pay for international internships and practicum
- Affordable tuition
- Use past credits or degrees to finish within two years
Building on Established Pathways at North
North Seattle College’s Associate of Applied Science Transfer (A.A.S.-T) degrees in Business, Accounting, and Real Estate are designed to create a direct pathway into the IB B.A.S. degree, satisfying all prerequisites and transferring the maximum number of credits. The Associate of Business DTA degree is also a strong pathway into the International Business B.A.S. degree. The IB B.A.S. degree can accept credits from any associate degree including Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Business (A.B.), Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.), Associate of Applied Science Transfer (A.A.S.-T) and any other associate degree from different community and technical colleges. Additionally, the IB B.A.S. program can accept credits from past colleges and universities, including international institutions.
North also has an Accounting I-BEST pathway which can lead to enrollment in the IB B.A.S. degree program. Review the career pathways chart (pdf) to explore how you can progress through the I-BEST Accounting courses all the way to a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in International Business.
For more information please email BAS-Info@seattlecolleges.edu or leave a message at (206) 934-7794.
Program lengths are estimates, not guarantees. For the most current program information, please check with the program contact.