What to Bring to the Test
- Your student ID number
- Your receipt from the Cashier’s Office
- (like a ticket to get in)
- A valid picture ID (driver's license,
- Washington state ID, passport or school ID)
- A quarter coin (refunded when you go) for a locker to store your belongings
Items that are not allowed in the testing center and are required to be placed into a locker:
- Hats, hoodies and any other headgear. Religious headgear will be visually inspected by a proctor before the candidate is permitted to enter the test room
- Cell phones
- All electronic devices unless otherwise noted in the proctor instructions
- Watches all types including pocket
- Mechanical or personal writing instruments
- Long necklaces, pendants or bracelets that jingle
- Non-sealable drink containers
- Coats and jackets need to be left on once you enter the testing center. If you do not want to wear your coat or jacket please leave it in the locker.
The rules listed above allow us to remain in compliance with the testing contracts we have signed and agreed to as certified proctors.
Please note: No children are allowed in the lobby during testing.
The English test is a 20-minute, 50-question multiple choice test. Allow yourself about 1 hour for the math test, for a total combined 1 hour and 30 minutes for both tests. No calculator is allowed for the math placement test.
Parking is available on the college's north and south lots. You can purchase an all-day $3 parking pass from the kiosk located in the lots themselves or from the Cashier's Office. Do not park in the visitor parking, garage or the DSHS lot in the SE part of campus.